Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   luckyjimm banned (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444622)

durron597 07-06-2007 04:13 PM

luckyjimm banned

wow i feel like im stepping my foot in a lot of other mods business these days ROFL... i think this is #5 in like a week

why is luckyjimm banned? his post was clearly a joke??

iron81 07-06-2007 04:15 PM

Re: luckyjimm banned

You saw the ATF thread right? Gild reduced the ban as a result. Mike added to it because he circumvented the ban to complain in ATF. Final ban length: it expires around midnight EST today.

ahnuld 07-06-2007 04:48 PM

wow, really stupid bad

Gildwulf 07-06-2007 05:08 PM

the issue was resolved as far as I'm concerned

Dids 07-06-2007 05:19 PM

Nobody could have done NVG a favor and accidentially forgot to set a ban length huh?

lj never does anything ban worthy, but he does a lot of sucking.

Mike Haven 07-06-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You saw the ATF thread right? Gild reduced the ban as a result. Mike added to it because he circumvented the ban to complain in ATF. Final ban length: it expires around midnight EST today.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't quite read as events happened.

luckyjimm complained about a two days ban, (although it was actually three days), by posting in ATF with his Jim_Dixon account.

Because of an old post by Ryan, I added 2.5 days to the ban, which had 2.5 days remaining when I looked at it.

Standard. I wasn't concerned with the rights or wrongs of the original ban.

GW must have decided his ban was too harsh in the first place, so he reduced the total ban to 0.5 days from the time of his amendment.

El Diablo 07-06-2007 05:23 PM

Dibs,

lj imo provides a real resource to the forums by railing the high stakes games seemingly 24/7.

Dids 07-06-2007 08:14 PM

El D,

If cts managed to go bust as suggested in recent thread without anybody noticing, I will have to agree. Prior to that it was my assumption that jim wasn't the only one.

durron597 07-06-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GW must have decided his ban was too harsh in the first place, so he reduced the total ban to 0.5 days from the time of his amendment.

[/ QUOTE ]

this wouldn't have happened if he didn't complain

what was he supposed to do, banning someone for making a legit complaint about their original ban is ridiculous

iron81 07-06-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what was he supposed to do, banning someone for making a legit complaint about their original ban is ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]
In that link Mike posted, Ryan states the recourse for a ban is to e-mail the forummaster or use a gimmick to PM a mod or admin. I agree with Durron, but them's the rules: no posting while banned, period.