Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Simple Seat Selection Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348120)

piiop 03-06-2007 05:20 AM

Simple Seat Selection Question

Online 6max table. Currently 3 players sitting.

Player A - 140bb stack - Weird LAG player. Played with him some not a lot. Not overagg, but does some weird things sometimes probably has more variance than most but ends up a small winner.

Players B & C - ~80bb stacks - Played with both a little as well and are mediocre/bad. You feel these two together at this time would be a profitable table.

There's an empty seat between each player. Where do you sit?

Troll_Inc 03-06-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Simple Seat Selection Question

Left of player A and concentrate on figuring him out, especially coming up with a script to stack him.

Truly mediocre players won't be able to use their position (on you) as well as the gooder LAG (Plyr A) would. So I guess in some respects, it's more that I dont want Player A to have position on ME.

harry89 03-08-2007 09:51 AM

I would at least think of buying in for 50BB and sit down at the right side of player A.
But the question is if you wanna play shortstack PLO.

Troll_Inc 03-08-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pops may be a lot of things, but a faggala aint one of them. He's not afraid to buy in full and try and stack the LAG, with position, on his left.

piiop 03-08-2007 04:25 PM

I mean I guess I would think about it - briefly - and then not do it.

PLOlover 03-08-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would at least think of buying in for 50BB and sit down at the right side of player A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think short stacking would work so well 4 handed.
At a full table or I guess two seats open at a full table if you had to choose left or right of LAG then I think the short stacking would be more profitable if you were going to hit and run, otherwise you would just end up finding yourself with a full or big stack out of position.

harry89 03-09-2007 04:56 AM

I wasnt intend to offend Piiop in any way in my reply.

I just tried to point out that in some cases you're in better shape with a small stack.
Depends on the table ofcourse.

Troll_Inc 03-09-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just tried to point out that in some cases you're in better shape with a small stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under no circumstances are you ever ever better off with a small stack. If (s)he tells you that, she's just doesn't want to hurt your feelings.