Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   More Leyser-Gold drama (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287060)

NoSoup4U 12-19-2006 01:25 PM

More Leyser-Gold drama

There have been some new court papers filed. Leyser seems to be taking apart Gold's claims pretty well. He says "The only truthful assertion in Defendant's Motion is that 'Gold no longer intends to share his winnings'."

It turns out that there is another backer who is owed 10% who is only named as "Eric." Although Eric should get $1.2 million (or perhaps $600,000 of the half that Gold holds), he has only received $100,000 or $200,000 according to Gold.

Gold also admits that Leyser agreed to share tips for both the dealers and a Bodog rep 50/50 (although reports say that Gold never did tip the dealers). He also says that Leyser offered to split the 10% for Eric 50/50.

I don't want to spam, but I've posted more details on my blog along with the actual court filing in PDF form. If this link isn't cool, feel free to chop it.

Gildwulf 12-19-2006 01:27 PM

Re: More Leyser-Gold drama

gold never tipped the dealers?

NoSoup4U 12-19-2006 02:26 PM

The rumor I've heard is that Alan was the only one at the final table who tipped. I don't really know.

Piemaster 12-19-2006 02:30 PM

Well they all tipped the dealers extremely generously in theory, given the large chunk of the prize pool that was withheld for them.

NoSoup4U 12-19-2006 03:41 PM

I refuse to get sucked into another tipping debate, but I agree with you in general that everyone paid plenty of juice already.

DaveyDonk 12-19-2006 03:43 PM

Didn't harrah's only give a fraction of the fraction of the prizepool that was withheld for the dealers?

durkahdurkah 12-19-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't harrah's only give a fraction of the fraction of the prizepool that was withheld for the dealers?

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true, then it is harrah's fault and really doesn't matter

SauceMan 12-19-2006 07:15 PM

Harrahs took a huge chunk of the prizepool......they should take care of the dealers

StepBangin 12-19-2006 09:28 PM

Did Technologic tip?

VORP 12-19-2006 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrah's withheld a certain amount "for the staff", which basicaly means they can do whatever they want with it. Usually when money is withheld it is specificaly earmarked for the dealers or floor staff, etc. The fact that Harrah's made a point to change this is pretty revealing.

I didn't deal the WSOP and don't know how much they made, but I would bet they didn't get much of the withheld money.

[ QUOTE ]
if this is true, then it is harrah's fault and really doesn't matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sorta. It is Harrah's fault, but when even more dealers walk out and every competant dealer refuses to work for Harrahs it will be everyone's problem.