Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Middle pair, ass end & BDFD . . . dump it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530033)

marchron 10-24-2007 03:47 AM

Middle pair, ass end & BDFD . . . dump it?

Everyone here's your average garden-variety donk/fish, except UTG is prone to attempt LRR's with big hands from EP.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, marchron checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, marchron checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, marchron . . .

I don't have much, but I'm getting 7-1. Peel? And what's my plan for the turn if it's . . .

1) an 8?
2) a 3?
3) a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
4) none of the above?

BadBigBabar 10-24-2007 03:48 AM

Re: Middle pair, ass end & BDFD . . . dump it?

easy peel

knockonwood 10-24-2007 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy peel

[/ QUOTE ]

marchron 10-24-2007 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And what's my plan for the turn if it's . . .

1) an 8?
2) a 3?
4) none of the above?

[/ QUOTE ]

neurotiq 10-24-2007 06:14 AM

Yep, I'd peel here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for turn plan:

I'd c/r with straight, two pair, or trips. I'd c/c if the diamond came down. and i'd c/f to none of the above.

tyler_cracker 10-24-2007 01:35 PM

darsh,

i call this flop. i donk a turned 8 or 3. i check a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or brick.

marchron 10-24-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd c/r with straight, two pair

[/ QUOTE ]
I absolutely am not check/raising a 4, DUCY?

[ QUOTE ]
i donk a turned 8 or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
A 3 I'd agree, but do we really want to donk an 8 unless it's the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Do we call down if raised?

tyler_cracker 10-24-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i donk a turned 8 or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
A 3 I'd agree, but do we really want to donk an 8 unless it's the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Do we call down if raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

i see no reason to assume that someone has a big straight and there are lots of worse hands that will call, so i bet. it's not like you're in a great spot when you check and someone else bets and you still have to make a decision.

if raised, it depends on what everyone else does. my inclination is to get to showdown, but more action/lots of people would change my inclination. folding is also fine if you know the villain is passive.

Aaron W. 10-24-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And what's my plan for the turn if it's . . .

1) an 8?
2) a 3?
4) none of the above?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I'd check and see. Your straight is often good in this spot, if you check-call, but not if you bet and get raised.
2) Donk/3-bet.
3) Check/call. You're still drawing.
4) Check and see what pot odds you get on the end. Give yourself 5-6 outs for your straight draw, 1-1.5 outs for your two pair hand, and 2 outs for trips. The variation in outs is due to the possible action that you may see.

Point Blank 10-24-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
darsh,

i call this flop. i donk a turned 8 or 3. i check a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or brick.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... darsh (you're going down - DARSH)

yeah ... I'm donking the turn if an 8 or a 3 hit

our straight outs are semi-weak and also really obvious (and make the board sick) ... unless UTG is a total tard and you expect him to bet 100% I wouldn't want this to get check around (also, our one card straight is barely strong enough to check raise a large field)