Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   pot control with A-K (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559056)

DickieBets 12-02-2007 01:16 AM

pot control with A-K

UTG is unknown.

Any better ideas on playing this hand - specifically with regards to pot control. Since I 3-bet preflop and cbet, the pot was very large and I faced a very tough decision on the turn! I figured there was just too much in the pot to fold - right ?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $50.10
UTG: $47.25
CO: $53.25
BTN: $30
SB: $72.60

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, UTG calls $4.50, SB folds

Flop: ($15) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls $12

Turn: ($39) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $28.75 and is All-In</font>, Hero ???

JimboNYY24 12-02-2007 01:19 AM

Re: pot control with A-K

Call. And jamming turn is what I would do. Why would you be playing for pot control NOW when the pot is already the size of your stack?

Altreg 12-02-2007 01:33 AM

imo,lead turn
as played-call

bsball8806 12-02-2007 01:49 AM

call. If we're beaten, it's much more likely by AA than a J or like KK or 55.

[ QUOTE ]

Call. And jamming turn is what I would do. Why would you be playing for pot control NOW when the pot is already the size of your stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this

derosnec 12-02-2007 01:55 AM

there is no pot control in 3bet pots with 100bbs. either you think you're ahead postflop or you don't.

DickieBets 12-02-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant pot control so the pot isn't the size of my stack ! TPTK isn't the kind of hand I like to play my stack for.

crunchi 12-02-2007 02:00 AM

checking with the intention of inducing a bluff is the correct turn play IMO.

If he checks behind shovels the river.

vixticator 12-02-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant pot control so the pot isn't the size of my stack ! TPTK isn't the kind of hand I like to play my stack for.

[/ QUOTE ]This is a leak. Your play is fine, if you called. I'd shove most of the time though.

gregorio 12-02-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In a raised pot you may not want to play for stacks for 100BB, but in a 3bet pot, you can't put 1/3 of your stack in and then fold TPTK.

Worm75 12-02-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really don't understand Stack to Blind ratio's....

100bb's I happily get it in every time with your hand, anything less is not only weak tight, it's mathematically incorrect for you to put that much of your stack in then play for pot control [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]