Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Eli Elezra...the worst high stakes player ever? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557691)

faarcyde 11-30-2007 01:30 AM

Eli Elezra...the worst high stakes player ever?

Seriously, has anyone seen this guy play a hand well? High Stakes Poker, Poker After Dark, WSOP ME. I have never seen him play a hand optimally. I hate to hate on him because he seems like a nice enough guy, but Christ his business interests have to be keeping him afloat in the high stakes world because it certainly isn't his poker savvy.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-30-2007 01:32 AM

Re: Eli Elezra...the worst high stakes player ever?

jews run deep yo

nehianh 11-30-2007 01:46 AM

he doesnt want YOU learning his secrets

acadiamonds 11-30-2007 02:01 AM

He's not the best among the big game players but he can definitely hold his own and crush a 400/800 game. I've played in the big game with him once, he overbets in nl and his stud 8 is lacking.

EWS87 11-30-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not the best among the big game players but he can definitely hold his own and crush a 400/800 game. I've played in the big game with him once, he overbets in nl and his stud 8 is lacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

forgive me for not believing a word of this coming from someone who posted a thread with this

[ QUOTE ]
There's a local 1/2 NL game and buyin is from $60-$300. I usually sit down with $100 and play as follows:

From any position i'll limp in with a pair and try to flop a set. If it's raised (standard raise is from $10-$15), i'll fold unless I have 88 or better. I just want to flop a set because i'll usually get paid off.

In late position i'll limp with suited connectors.

I raise from any position with AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,AQ. Sometimes from SB or BB depending how many people in the pot I will just call with AQ.

For the most part I play TAG, and I almost never bluff.

I've been doing pretty good in the game, but is there anything I can do to improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

EWS87 11-30-2007 02:06 AM

lol another gem coming from big game aficionado acadiamonds

in reference to the odds of a roulette ball landing on red 5 times in a row
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway to calculate this or find out the odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

if this guy is real someone please stake me for big game

gregorio 11-30-2007 02:08 AM

During WSOP after he bought his bracelet and then was leading in the HORSE, people were like, ZOMG, Eli is the best player in the world.

I played with acadiamonds once in the 400/800 game and he's not the best among those players, but he can definitely hold his own and crush a 300/600 game

Lessu 11-30-2007 02:09 AM

he is obviously just thinking at level no one understands

jwc529 11-30-2007 02:10 AM

not everyone is a hold'em expert . His best games are short-handed mixed limit games according to barry's site.

blah_blah 11-30-2007 02:25 AM

it must be a pretty gross spot when you are playing 3 handed with sammy and eli, who are 'the most feared shorthanded omaha player in the world' and 'one of the best shorthanded limit players in the world'.