Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I'm getting surgery Friday (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555787)

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 06:44 PM

I\'m getting surgery Friday

Yep got a hernia from lifting weights. Had one about 3 years ago and they say it's easy to get one if you've had one before. Was like okay guess I gotta get an operation but now that it's a few days away I'm not looking forward to it. Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

Tartufo 11-27-2007 06:47 PM

Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

fiskebent 11-27-2007 06:57 PM

I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swing of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

hobbes9324 11-27-2007 07:14 PM

Best way to prevent blood clots is getting the patient up quickly - some places walk cardiac bypass patients the first day post op.

It's amazing how tired you are after surgery - had my appendix and gallbladder out - both times felt like a wet rag for a couple of days.....rest and take your pain meds.

MM MD

colonel81 11-27-2007 07:30 PM

over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful drugs

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful sponge baths

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 07:32 PM

I had a 175 bitch removed from my life does that count? couldnt be happier imo

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful drugs

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think. Last surgery I had they only gave me darvacet so i'm guessing the same weak ass [censored] is on the way. I was thinking about having my wife call the next morning and saying im in agonizing pain and the pills aren't working. I think there might be a better way to get my hands on some good [censored]. What do you think is the best way to go about it? Wait a few days, The same day as the surgery?

Himself 11-27-2007 07:45 PM

My friend had this surgery and he lived, so I think you should be ok. Good luck.

Das Budrick 11-27-2007 07:54 PM

18 months ago I had knee surgery, I tore my ACL and MCL. recovering from that sucked dick, it hurt all the time, I was on crutches for a very long time, and it sort of ended my lacrosse career. I'm pretty much better now, but there was several months of physical rehab and I'm not on the team any more.

I also have another surgery in 3 weeks, for my shoulder because I tore some ligaments and now my shoulder dislocates every other day. The recovery process will be similar but shorter, and involves more physical therapy.

I have no idea what the recovery process is like for a hernia, but I think it's probably not as bad. Good luck

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 08:03 PM

"I have no idea what the recovery process is like for a hernia, but I think it's probably not as bad. Good luck"

I had a hernia op a few yrs ago and it hurts like hell for a few days. Basically I can't lift anything heavy or run and stuff for a few months after which really sucks Cause I lift weights every once in a while if I get stressed.

Good luck with your surgery too, sounds like you put your body through a lot.

benza13 11-27-2007 08:15 PM

Had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder because my labrum was >90% torn (essentially its the thing that holds your shoulder in place). Surgery wasn't too bad, I woke up still very drugged and was given a prescription for vicodin that I was already taking before I came down from teh surgery meds. A couple days later saw the doctor adn was still feeling pain so I scored some percocet as well.

Recovery sucked, however. Physical therapy was pretty painful just about every time for at least half of the 6 week period, going 3x a week, sometimes 4.

I made basically a complete recovery by the end of my rehab although I have since slacked on strengthening exercises and do experience some discomfort once in a while, especially with approaching inclement weather. I'm also much more likely to get arthritis in that shoulder now.

React1oN 11-27-2007 08:17 PM

Better write out your will.

<font color="white"> Seriously though, you'll probably be fine. Get prescription meds and write a TR please.</font>

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better write out your will.

<font color="white"> Seriously though, you'll probably be fine. Get prescription meds and write a TR please.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Already got one and I will. It doesn't help that that [censored] movie just came out about surgery. I think most people have complications because they're allergic to the anesthesia or saome [censored]. I try to look at getting surgery like a crazy ass drug.

" Hey man want to do some shrooms?"
"No way man I want to get surgery."

DJ Pattiecake 11-27-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swong of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

chadmack 11-27-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swong of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swong

rubbrband 11-27-2007 09:49 PM

Had my appendix out when I was 12. It [censored] sucked, but mainly because it burst and released bile and other nasty [censored] into my system.

LiveNow 11-27-2007 09:50 PM

get me some morphine.

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 09:53 PM

What would be the best way to get the most potent drug possible?

React1oN 11-27-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swong

[/ QUOTE ]they're one thing one thing one thingggg

dlk9s 11-28-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had hernia surgery on a Wednesday in 1999. I was at the tail end of a nine month consulting project and was heading home for the weekend on Friday, which also meant flying home with extra luggage, as I was only going back to the project once more.

I had been renting a car, but hired a car service to take me to the airport, as I didn't want to drive two days after surgery. The service never showed, so I had to rush to the airport myself, drag three heavy bags from the car rental lot to the airport, then run to my gate. Two days after hernia surgery.

So chillin for two weeks? Please.

Then again, I got my hernia like a pussy, riding a wave runner.

I had hernia surgery on the other side when I was a couple months old. Guess I was lifting weights back then (or riding wave runners).

Big Bend 11-28-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep got a hernia from lifting weights. Had one about 3 years ago and they say it's easy to get one if you've had one before. Was like okay guess I gotta get an operation but now that it's a few days away I'm not looking forward to it. Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a freeking coincidence! I went to the Dr. today, and he confirmed that I have a hernia too, and will need surgery to fix. I had the same operation like 15 years ago on the other side.. and 3 years ago I had my shoulder operated on. Surgery sucks, it freeking Hurts! Supposedly hernia operations are less invasive than they used to be, quicker healing times... I sure hope so.

Well good luck and all.. c-ya on the other side..

BB

smokingrobot 11-28-2007 01:03 AM

shoulder surgery. tore the labrum and some ligaments so it kept popping out of the socket all the time. not fun. i was in a sling for 4 months and had to learn how to do everything with my left hand. j/o'in, wiping my ass, all the stuff you never think about having to do with your other arm.

hope you have a speedy recovery.

Paulie Walnuts 11-28-2007 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had hernia surgery on a Wednesday in 1999. I was at the tail end of a nine month consulting project and was heading home for the weekend on Friday, which also meant flying home with extra luggage, as I was only going back to the project once more.

I had been renting a car, but hired a car service to take me to the airport, as I didn't want to drive two days after surgery. The service never showed, so I had to rush to the airport myself, drag three heavy bags from the car rental lot to the airport, then run to my gate. Two days after hernia surgery.

So chillin for two weeks? Please.

Then again, I got my hernia like a pussy, riding a wave runner.

I had hernia surgery on the other side when I was a couple months old. Guess I was lifting weights back then (or riding wave runners).

[/ QUOTE ]

dlk9s, I have an inguinal hernia on my right side. There are different kinds of hernias and a few procedures for fixing them. Last one I had they did the laproscopic otherwise know as keyhole method. They just make a small incision in the belly button, one like 4 inches down, and one more a few inches down. One's for the camera, another for the as to expand your stomach and one for his tools or whatever. Anyway no way I could even walk more than like ten baby steps a minute last time. I can't understand how you trucked 3 bags through an airport two days later. Sounds like a medical miracle or some [censored].

Big Bend- crazy [censored] I hope your op goes well too. Funny coincidence also, I called my Great Grandfather on Thanksgiving and he tells me he's got a hernia on the same side and has to get surgery. He's like 85. Was kind of weird having my tough ass G-pa ask me what the surgery was like last time, "They put you under right." with a tone like they better [censored] put me under.

dlk9s 11-28-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

dlk9s, I have an inguinal hernia on my right side. There are different kinds of hernias and a few procedures for fixing them. Last one I had they did the laproscopic otherwise know as keyhole method. They just make a small incision in the belly button, one like 4 inches down, and one more a few inches down. One's for the camera, another for the as to expand your stomach and one for his tools or whatever. Anyway no way I could even walk more than like ten baby steps a minute last time. I can't understand how you trucked 3 bags through an airport two days later. Sounds like a medical miracle or some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I figured yours was worse than mine. If I remember correctly, the inguinal variety is basically when your guts not only pop out a bit like a normal hernia, but get twisted, too. Mine was pretty minor. I was just messing with you, really.

I really have no idea how I made it through the airport. It wasn't fun. Eight years later, while my hernia doesn't hurt, I am still aware of it from time to time.

My mommy actually flew out to Maryland to take care of me before I flew back to my apartment in Georgia. While overall, everything went fine, the worst moment I had was when I took off the bandages in the shower. I had never seen myself cut up/stitched up like that, plus I was on pain meds that made me woozy. The combination of these things made me start to black out. I hurried to dry off and get dressed while my vision was going. There was NO WAY I was going to collapse and have my mom come in to fish my naked body out of the bathroom. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck with the surgery and enjoy!

BooNaNy 11-28-2007 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful enema.

[/ QUOTE ]

CappyAA 11-28-2007 11:53 AM

Good luck man. I've had 2 knee surgeries this year (ACL in January, Meniscus in June) and neither were very fun. The pain pills are a huge help afterwards so enjoy those. Also enjoy lying in bed doing nothing for a while. Get some women on standby so you can call them over while you're recovering too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JokersAttack 11-28-2007 11:54 AM

good luck

fiskebent 11-28-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed your reply.

It was about 4 years ago, so I was 38. A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed. That was a fairly painless operation and I only stayed at the hospital for a single night.

They did lots of tests on me during that time and an abdominal scan revealed something on my kidney.

They then did some tests and tried taking samples of it with some pretty big needles. But they couldn't find out if it was something malign or not. After following it for a year and a half, they decided they'd better open me up to see what it was. It wasen't growing fast and it seemed sort of contained, so I wasen't that worried.
During the operation they found out that it was slightly malign and that they'd better remove the kidney.

As far as I remember, I wasen't that scared when they did it. I was lucky to go to a good hospital and the staff was very professional and I felt like I was in good hands.

Getting diagnosed with cancer scared the [censored] out of me though and took a long time to get over. Tbh, I'm not back to normal, psychologically, yet. But I've also been pretty lucky that it attacked organs that I have a spare of. So it hasen't affected my daily life at all.

Sorry if some of the medical terms are wrong. English isn't my first language and medical terms in the US and here are very different. For instance what you call 'appendicitis' we call 'inflammation of the blind intestine'.

Again, good luck with your operation. And when it hurts, just remember that "pain is weakness leaving the body" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Paulie Walnuts 11-28-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry I missed your reply.

It was about 4 years ago, so I was 38. A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed. That was a fairly painless operation and I only stayed at the hospital for a single night.

They did lots of tests on me during that time and an abdominal scan revealed something on my kidney.

They then did some tests and tried taking samples of it with some pretty big needles. But they couldn't find out if it was something malign or not. After following it for a year and a half, they decided they'd better open me up to see what it was. It wasen't growing fast and it seemed sort of contained, so I wasen't that worried.
During the operation they found out that it was slightly malign and that they'd better remove the kidney.

As far as I remember, I wasen't that scared when they did it. I was lucky to go to a good hospital and the staff was very professional and I felt like I was in good hands.

Getting diagnosed with cancer scared the [censored] out of me though and took a long time to get over. Tbh, I'm not back to normal, psychologically, yet. But I've also been pretty lucky that it attacked organs that I have a spare of. So it hasen't affected my daily life at all.

Sorry if some of the medical terms are wrong. English isn't my first language and medical terms in the US and here are very different. For instance what you call 'appendicitis' we call 'inflammation of the blind intestine'.

Again, good luck with your operation. And when it hurts, just remember that "pain is weakness leaving the body" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a strong man. Very good English BTW. Thx for the kind words

ryang 11-28-2007 11:19 PM

had my wisdom teeth out and my chin needed stiches once, do i win?

blutarski 11-28-2007 11:54 PM

neck surgery,

kidney stone surgery (two techniques for one stone, ended up in ICU after the first one),

knee surgery,

Ankle surgery,

surgery to repair a broken hand,

wisdom teeth.

marriedtotubgirl 11-28-2007 11:54 PM

you should get your Vagina tightened while your at it.Next time wear a belt when your deadlifting that 50LBS

blutarski 11-28-2007 11:57 PM

[quote
A couple of years before that I got diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks man.

Can I call you Johnny One-Ball?

absoludicrous 11-29-2007 01:02 AM

What's the name of that new movie that's coming out where that kid goes under and wakes up and sees himself being operated on, and can feel the pain?

Paulie Walnuts 11-29-2007 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the name of that new movie that's coming out where that kid goes under and wakes up and sees himself being operated on, and can feel the pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored]'s called "Awake" and that [censored] is real. It's called anesthetic awareness. Definitely would suck and that movie couldn't have came out at the worst time.

Paulie Walnuts 11-30-2007 07:27 AM

Well this is it playboys. Feels crazy to know that in like 2 hours im gonna be unconscious and cut open with a knife. All i know is they better come through with some good meds. I hope all goes well, dont worry bout me too much fellas.

absoludicrous 11-30-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored]'s called "Awake" and that [censored] is real. It's called anesthetic awareness. Definitely would suck and that movie couldn't have came out at the worst time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, didn't mean to scare you bro.