Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I'm getting surgery Friday (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555787)

Himself 11-27-2007 07:45 PM

Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

My friend had this surgery and he lived, so I think you should be ok. Good luck.

Das Budrick 11-27-2007 07:54 PM

18 months ago I had knee surgery, I tore my ACL and MCL. recovering from that sucked dick, it hurt all the time, I was on crutches for a very long time, and it sort of ended my lacrosse career. I'm pretty much better now, but there was several months of physical rehab and I'm not on the team any more.

I also have another surgery in 3 weeks, for my shoulder because I tore some ligaments and now my shoulder dislocates every other day. The recovery process will be similar but shorter, and involves more physical therapy.

I have no idea what the recovery process is like for a hernia, but I think it's probably not as bad. Good luck

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 08:03 PM

"I have no idea what the recovery process is like for a hernia, but I think it's probably not as bad. Good luck"

I had a hernia op a few yrs ago and it hurts like hell for a few days. Basically I can't lift anything heavy or run and stuff for a few months after which really sucks Cause I lift weights every once in a while if I get stressed.

Good luck with your surgery too, sounds like you put your body through a lot.

benza13 11-27-2007 08:15 PM

Had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder because my labrum was >90% torn (essentially its the thing that holds your shoulder in place). Surgery wasn't too bad, I woke up still very drugged and was given a prescription for vicodin that I was already taking before I came down from teh surgery meds. A couple days later saw the doctor adn was still feeling pain so I scored some percocet as well.

Recovery sucked, however. Physical therapy was pretty painful just about every time for at least half of the 6 week period, going 3x a week, sometimes 4.

I made basically a complete recovery by the end of my rehab although I have since slacked on strengthening exercises and do experience some discomfort once in a while, especially with approaching inclement weather. I'm also much more likely to get arthritis in that shoulder now.

React1oN 11-27-2007 08:17 PM

Better write out your will.

<font color="white"> Seriously though, you'll probably be fine. Get prescription meds and write a TR please.</font>

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better write out your will.

<font color="white"> Seriously though, you'll probably be fine. Get prescription meds and write a TR please.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Already got one and I will. It doesn't help that that [censored] movie just came out about surgery. I think most people have complications because they're allergic to the anesthesia or saome [censored]. I try to look at getting surgery like a crazy ass drug.

" Hey man want to do some shrooms?"
"No way man I want to get surgery."

DJ Pattiecake 11-27-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swong of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

chadmack 11-27-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swong of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swong

rubbrband 11-27-2007 09:49 PM

Had my appendix out when I was 12. It [censored] sucked, but mainly because it burst and released bile and other nasty [censored] into my system.

LiveNow 11-27-2007 09:50 PM

get me some morphine.