Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Bet this turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=49821)

Megenoita 03-01-2006 03:29 PM

Bet this turn?

Villain in this hand is very tight. His pf 3-bet means AA-77, AK, AQs. When he calls my flop c/r, that means 77 is gone from the picture, as is AK with no spade other than AdKd.

Here is my question...knowing that I'm slightly ahead of his remaining hand range and that when he's behind, he has a collective few outs average against me, should I bet/fold the turn, or check/call? If I bet, I'm fairly sure that JJ/TT will call, as well as AsKs/AdKd. The AK with 1 spade combos will fold. If I check, I think JJ/TT will probably bet, thinking I'm on a FD, but they might check through with their 6 outs. The FD obviously checks. All the better hands will raise the turn, and he wont raise the turn on a FD only. Thoughts?
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

TMTTR 03-01-2006 04:40 PM

Re: Bet this turn?

On the flop, he will call your raise with JJ/TT but not AKo? I am not sure I buy your assumption there.

Anyway, I bet this 100% of the time (at least playing live). If he is on a draw or a pair, you want him to call. If he raises and you are confident that he will only do that with a hand that beats you (and not semi-bluff his flush draws), you can fold.

Dazarath 03-01-2006 05:00 PM

This is an easy bet. Don't give JJ, TT, or AK a free card.

Lost Wages 03-01-2006 05:35 PM

If you aren't going to bet a blank turn then why are you CRing the flop? So he call fold when he's crushed and punish you when you're crushed?

Lost Wages

siegfriedandroy 03-01-2006 06:09 PM

If he is so tight, why are you pretty sure that JJ or 10-10 calls?

PokerCad 03-01-2006 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't going to bet a blank turn then why are you CRing the flop? So he call fold when he's crushed and punish you when you're crushed?

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

u r right sir