Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Rock Band (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=443666)

TimTimSalabim 07-06-2007 09:31 PM

Re: Rock Band

You mean I have to get some friends in order to play this? Too big a price.

Number27 07-06-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So its only got 8 songs?

[/ QUOTE ]

They've only released the names of eight songs. This is standard. They always slowly leak the songs and save several surprises for the launch.

Number27 07-06-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet connectivity. Theoretically your drummer could be in England, your bass player in Germany, and your vocalist in California while you shred the lead in your living room.

skiier04 07-07-2007 12:48 AM

I probably have got $200 of value just out of Guitar Hero II... I pathetically have probably put 100+ hours into the game just since I got it in April.

Needless to say extremely excited for this even though paying $200 for a video game probably seems outlandish to most people.

Edge34 07-07-2007 02:52 AM

$200 for a video game is retarded.

That said, I'll still show up at Best Buy with my hockey helmet and leash.

JackWilson 07-07-2007 03:50 AM

This really is an incredibly cool idea. I'd love to try it out but for me a bit of the charm's been lost since I started learning guitar. I can't deny though that this looks like an insane amount of fun. Presumably you'd be able to select which instruments you wanted to use so that someone wouldn't always have to sing or whatever.

JackWilson 07-07-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG ONE MORE

[ QUOTE ]
Notably, a duplicate set of five fret buttons has been added higher up on the neck for the purpose of ripping wicked solos. Also new is a five-way tone selector, mimicking the pickup selector on a real Stratocaster, which applies a variety of in-game sound filters to the notes being played.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

anatta 07-07-2007 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to resort to that, I am pretty sure single player mode where you just play one of the instruments, like banging on the drums or guitar like usual, will be available and no doubt a blast. I am not sure how good the internet playing will be on a game where precision is key.

RiverFenix 07-07-2007 03:01 PM

Lol black guy playing the bass in the video.

samjjones 07-10-2007 10:00 AM

I made a post like a year ago wishing that Guitar Hero expanded to allow drums, singer, bass, etc.

This is so awesome. If they have any Journey or Bon Jovi in this thing, I will purchase and form a 2+2 band.