Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What do you call this?mental disease? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232457)

singasong 10-10-2006 01:51 AM

What do you call this?mental disease?

hi,I was wondering what do you call this situation-you like somebody a lot but dare not tell him/her nor even talk to him/her a word. He/she is in your mind all day and all night and drive you crazy. How do you call this? Is it a mental disease? What could you do but to escape from him/her?

Have you had ever run upon this situation? What did you do to tackle it?

Pauwl 10-10-2006 02:56 AM

Re: What do you call this?mental disease?

A crush? Possibly Social Anxiety Disorder

Rduke55 10-10-2006 10:34 AM

It's called being 14.

It's usually cured with time.

Phil153 10-10-2006 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you had ever run upon this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

[ QUOTE ]
What did you do to tackle it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Had sex

Lestat 10-10-2006 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's called being 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to be 14 to develop a crush on someone. It can happen at any age.

Rduke55 10-10-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's called being 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to be 14 to develop a crush on someone. It can happen at any age.

[/ QUOTE ]

But like this?

[ QUOTE ]
but dare not tell him/her nor even talk to him/her a word. He/she is in your mind all day and all night and drive you crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopey 10-10-2006 04:14 PM

The only solution is to kill the object of your fixation. Or the President. Whatever's easiest.

Lestat 10-10-2006 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's called being 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But like this?

[ QUOTE ]
but dare not tell him/her nor even talk to him/her a word. He/she is in your mind all day and all night and drive you crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just trying to give OP a sincere response.

I've met girls who have occupied my mind for brief periods. The difference is I'll eventually act on it (such as ask her out). If that doesn't work, I forget about it.

So I assume what's making you call OP immature is:

<font color="blue"> but dare not tell him/her nor even talk to him/her a word. He/she is in your mind all day and all night and drive you crazy. </font>

Maybe so, but there are people who are severely shy or have other personality disorders that make it terribly difficult for them to confront women. OR... To forget about a woman after being rejected. This could be due to a mental disorder or disease as OP suggests.

I don't mean this too seriously so don't take it the wrong way, but I would think as a mod you in particular, should first look at posts and determine whether they merit a sincere response before jumping in and making fun of it. I can see this post as being sincere.

Hopey 10-10-2006 04:39 PM

This post would probably get some better responses in psychology, as it does not seem to fit in either S,M, or P.

vhawk01 10-10-2006 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post would probably get some better responses in psychology, as it does not seem to fit in either S,M, or P.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have recommended BBV.