Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AQ Range Merge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545959)

Boquense 11-14-2007 12:02 PM

AQ Range Merge

Villain is Frymealiver, got him as 19/14 wtsd 34, seems solid enough.

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $136.75
Hero (CO): $808.30
BTN: $440
SB: $402
BB: $394

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, BTN calls $16, SB calls $14, BB folds

Flop: ($52) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $36</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $36

Turn: ($124) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($124) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $76</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $350</font>

Foucault 11-14-2007 12:15 PM

Re: AQ Range Merge

Hate it. I seriously doubt this is a situation where you need to merge your range. It may be profitable as a pure bluff, but I'd rather just fire again at the turn.

Boquense 11-14-2007 12:22 PM

I'm absolutely bluffing here, I think he has 2 pair alot, and it's a tough call. I think if he calls with 2 pair here he should call with 99.

traz 11-14-2007 12:33 PM

lol trying to bluff 2pair like this is a terrible idea, not to mention he may very well have 2pair crushed.

Boquense 11-14-2007 12:37 PM

I have TPTK.
nm.

MTBlue 11-14-2007 12:38 PM

He don't fold.

Mossberg 11-14-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtsd 34

[/ QUOTE ]

GL OP!

seriously though, I wouldn't count on people to be folding 2pair here, ever. He'll time down a bit, put you on a bluff or a stupid AA, and then call.

Boquense 11-14-2007 12:43 PM

Wow. I'm a station and I'd probably fold 2 pair here often.

On this particular board I really think any multitabler will be hard pressed to make this call with 2 pair.

I think he will often fold a better hand, sometimes call with better, and sometimes call with worse.

Maybe I should just ABC my way to a mere doctor's salary :&lt;

nuggetz87 11-14-2007 12:44 PM

i think he flopped a set a lot of the time. i also think he's more likely to put you on 2pair or a bluff than a straight too.

i'd like it more vs. someone who isn't a nit.

dagreez 11-14-2007 01:32 PM

His hand looks like 98 KQ or QJ, possibly AK... JT c/r's this flop a lot and if he has a set he played it for min value.

98 talks himself into a call or fistpumps and calls, and KQ, QJ and the unlikely set fold, assuming he can fold a hand, imo. You're repping AK almost exactly which fits perfectly, if your image is solid enough -- If your image is garbage I don't like the shove unless he knows you know he knows...

[ QUOTE ]
I think he will often fold a better hand, sometimes call with better, and sometimes call with worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he calls with worse he's probably calling all two pair hands so you're fold equity goes down significantly and tptk by itself isn't good enough to be shoving for value on the river imo. You want that fold equity and if you don't have it shoving here is spew -- he can't call with KQ.

If your image is solid and he folds two pair I like it.