Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   BetWWTS support = retarded. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219291)

bluef0x 09-23-2006 06:24 PM

BetWWTS support = retarded.

Jeez, I did the $100 Monday Night promo last week and tried to take out my money. It said I couldn't until I got rid of the $20 (which you can do by a button, but I figured I could throw the $20 in a silly bet and withdraw the 100 bucks.) So that was pretty much my fault... but my Acct showed $100 and I couldn't withdraw it. So I talk to chat support...

It takes me an hour just to get through to this chick. She then explains everything and I'm like OK.. throughout this ordeal she asks multiple times if she wants to remove the bonus from my account (leaving me with $80, I thought the 20 bet would be the bonus but I guess not.) and I clearly said NO and wanted to continue to discuss it. She ends up disconnecting me and taking the $20 bonus out. I reconnect and get the reasoning "Her shift is over now."

Ugh.. I could care less really if I lost $20 because of my own stupidity. But doing [censored] without my consent and disconnecting because a shift is over is beyond retardeed.

So if anyone does this bonus, make sure you don't wager the $20 if you want just your $100 or $190 while avoiding the reps. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bluef0x 09-23-2006 07:00 PM

Re: BetWWTS support = retarded.

While talking to a supervisor I explained that this person took money out even when I said "No."

The supervisor then explains that I used a comma after no and explained why not... and since I did not say "No." with a period that it is understandable why she did it.

Ugh...

MyTurn2Raise 09-23-2006 07:12 PM

NO, it's not understandable.

bluef0x 09-23-2006 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO, it's not understandable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The supervisor was even unable to change subjects. I said several times that the $20 was lost and although I was under different impressions from chat support before I signed up, that it was my fault. I was mainly concerned about this other person taking out $20 without my consent. She kept going on and on about the "rollover" requirements while I'm talking about how this person is basically terminating conversations due to lunch and messing with peoples' accounts.

Biggest waste of 2 hours. I know support was kind to others who messed up on the Monday Night promo, but man I've never had a crappier online support experience. Even PP's foreign VIP emails eventually got to the point. I hope they spend that $20 on a dictionary to look up "no"

LargeCents 09-23-2006 07:49 PM

Did you save the chat text? Post it. Worth a good laugh, at least.

This is pretty standard for most of these places. Get used to it.

Thremp 09-23-2006 08:17 PM

I've had great expierences with their support. What were you trying to do?

I still don't understand what you were trying to explain. And you might wanna read the T&Cs. The $20 wager does nothing, you shoulda told support you wanted to forfeit your sign up bonus and withdraw, but I'm not even sure from your post if your were credited with it.

bluef0x 09-23-2006 08:27 PM

The whole thing is quite long, but from the first transcript:

Cassandra B: The $20.00 bonus is still in your account
Cassandra B: I take it you want it removed?
Me: No, I was under the impression that I could withdraw my $100 at any time and that the $20 parlay was the "bonus." It wouldn't let me withdraw my $100.
Cassandra B: because it has to be manually removed
Cassandra B: should I do so now?
Me: No, before I signed up on this site i talked to a rep about the Monday Night promo ...

After a bit more I was disconnected and talking to myself, so I re-entered:

Corey Ortega: Transfer me to accounting department's Cassandra B
Tinar Rodgers: sure,one moment while I do so
Tinar Rodgers: Hi Corey
Tinar Rodgers: Cassandra said that she removed the bonus from your account,is there anything else I can assist you with
Corey Ortega: Tell her I said not to remove it multiple times
Tinar Rodgers: Are you able to hold while I transfer you to my supervisor
Corey Ortega: Yes
Arlene L: I understand that you have some questions with regards to your account balance and the bonus which was removed.
Corey Ortega: Cassandra B just removed money out of my account when MULTIPLE TIMES i said NO DO NO TOUCH IT
Corey Ortega: I have the transcript in my email right now.
Arlene L: Unfortunately, I will not be able to see the chat you were having with her as the report update every half an hour
Arlene L: The reason you were not able to talk with her is that her shift is completed.

30 minutes later:
Arlene L: I will not be able to give you an answer until I have completed reviewing the chat, I am doing this right now
Arlene L: I do see the no, however, there was more than just "No." to your response
Corey Ortega: I said "No". Last time I checked there was only one meaning to the word.
Arlene L: However, you continued to talk after the "no"
Arlene L: I am not saying that you said to take out the bonus
Arlene L: but it did not say " NO, do not take out the bonus" either

And that's when my head exploded.

Thremp 09-23-2006 08:31 PM

Umm... I don't see how you got the bonus credited.

You deposit 100 bucks.

You get a 20 dollar promo.

You wager 100 on Steelers promo.

You place a 20 dollar parlay

You lose both and have 100 bucks in account for refund. And $580 left of WR.

I don't think you knew what you were doing. Sucks man.

bluef0x 09-23-2006 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had great expierences with their support. What were you trying to do?

I still don't understand what you were trying to explain. And you might wanna read the T&Cs. The $20 wager does nothing, you shoulda told support you wanted to forfeit your sign up bonus and withdraw, but I'm not even sure from your post if your were credited with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know other people had some nice experiences with them moving their bets over to the actual promo because their site and explainations are vague. However, this was just awful.

I was credited with the $20 and if you read my post above you'd see that it's my fault and I don't mind losing the $20 even though I was under different impressions before I signed up. However, their support then deducted the bonus out of my account without my permision. I was debating whether or not to keep the money in the account and just dabble in sports betting for a bit or at least keep the account open if I ever found an arb or needed to hedge.

bluef0x 09-23-2006 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm... I don't see how you got the bonus credited.

You deposit 100 bucks.

You get a 20 dollar promo.

You wager 100 on Steelers promo.

You place a 20 dollar parlay

You lose both and have 100 bucks in account for refund. And $580 left of WR.

I don't think you knew what you were doing. Sucks man.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't about the $20, it's about their support staff. Before I signed up I thought I only got the Monday Night promo. I always confirm these promos before I sign up at a site. The guy said I would get the Monday Night promo, a $20 superbowl bet, and $20 if I deposited $100. He said there's no strings attached and I would be able to withdraw the $100 right after the Monday Night game concluded and still have the other bonuses available- just that I couldn't withdraw the $20. I took that to mean I could withdraw $100 and still see $20 in my account. I don't think this is rare or unconceivable. I would venture that a few people were under this belief at sites also, especially coming from poker where you can usually withdraw any winnings minus the bonus and still play with the bonus money.

I should have talked to support before playing the parlay and I'll take blame for it. This post was about support then taking the $ out when I was still unsure if I wanted to leave some funds in the site.