Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week 5 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511180)

TruFloridaGator 09-28-2007 08:52 AM

College Football Week 5

The biggest game in USF history tonight @ 8 vs WVU to get things started.

TruFloridaGator 09-28-2007 08:57 AM

Re: College Football Week 5

Other interesting story lines:
Ron Zook might finally get a big win?
FSU with 2 arrested players & 2+ players caught cheating in school plus whole AD under investigation.
High Octane Cal/Oregon

Gregatron 09-28-2007 09:27 AM

Re: the FSU thing. TFG our schools stand to benefit from this possibly. If FSU goes on probation that helps UF and LSU get more of that awesome Florida high school talent. It probably helps you guys a little more obviously, but we get some pretty good kids out of there too.

BobJoeJim 09-28-2007 06:09 PM

Re: Oregon/Cal being "high octane"

This game certainly has the potential to be super high scoring, but I think it's less of a stone cold lock than ESPN would have you believe. First of all, there's a pretty decent chance of rain (in Eugene? in the fall? shocking, I know). Additionally, Dennis "Mr. Inconsistent" Dixon is just DUE for a down game, and he tends to struggle more often at home than on the road, he generally looks much more tentative in front of the Autzen crowd. For recent reference, see his first half against Houston this year. Longshore, meanwhile, is more traditional, in that he generally struggles on the road. His stats in six career road starts:

16-29 146 yds @ Colorado State
11-20 85 yds 1 INT @ Tennessee
22-31 341 yds 4 TD 1 INT @ Oregon State
17-31 176 yds 2 INT @ Washington State
17-36 250 yds 1 TD 3 INT @ Arizona
17-38 176 yds 1 TD 2 INT @ USC

Longshore has only had one genuinely good performance in a road start, out of six tries.

Anyway, I'm not saying it WON'T be a shootout, like most people I expect that it will be. There are a couple reasons, though, why if it isn't you shouldn't be *shocked*.

bernie 09-28-2007 06:21 PM

Re: Pac10 Football Week 5

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Oregon/Cal being "high octane"

This game certainly has the potential to be super high scoring, but I think it's less of a stone cold lock than ESPN would have you believe. First of all, there's a pretty decent chance of rain (in Eugene? in the fall? shocking, I know). Additionally, Dennis "Mr. Inconsistent" Dixon is just DUE for a down game, and he tends to struggle more often at home than on the road, he generally looks much more tentative in front of the Autzen crowd. For recent reference, see his first half against Houston this year. Longshore, meanwhile, is more traditional, in that he generally struggles on the road. His stats in six career road starts:

16-29 146 yds @ Colorado State
11-20 85 yds 1 INT @ Tennessee
22-31 341 yds 4 TD 1 INT @ Oregon State
17-31 176 yds 2 INT @ Washington State
17-36 250 yds 1 TD 3 INT @ Arizona
17-38 176 yds 1 TD 2 INT @ USC

Longshore has only had one genuinely good performance in a road start, out of six tries.

Anyway, I'm not saying it WON'T be a shootout, like most people I expect that it will be. There are a couple reasons, though, why if it isn't you shouldn't be *shocked*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I was going to be home to see all of this. I have to go watch UW get their asshanders from USC. USC's running game against UW's run D? Yeah, it could get ugly. Jake may have to play defense for us to have a shot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Arizona v WSU

WSU should be able to handle Az. I'm suprised the cougs are dogs here.

UCLA @ Oregon st

Did Canfield finally learn how to throw or was last week a fluke(even though they lost). UCLA should win this. I think they'll put it on Canfields arm to beat them.

AZ St @ Stanford

Go Erickson! Stanford seems to have found a bit of offense. Ericksons boys seem to be gelling a little. I son't see Stanford keeping up.

b

TruFloridaGator 09-28-2007 07:53 PM

BobJoeJim, good stuff. Thanks.

Huge game in 10 minutes. Go Bulls!

Gregatron 09-28-2007 08:08 PM

I am not convinced that WV is that good. Let's see if they can prove me wrong.

orange 09-28-2007 08:44 PM

this game is sloppy.

dkgojackets 09-28-2007 08:44 PM

PICK SIX.

7-0 Bulls.

TruFloridaGator 09-28-2007 08:45 PM

Just wow, this game is about who can choke more.