Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Rivered Nuts vs LAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256884)

mikechops 11-10-2006 12:42 AM

Rivered Nuts vs LAG

Tough spot #2? Well, if all tough spots were like this... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

$100NL 6-max
Villain has ~$90, hero covers

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain limps, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, villain calls.

Flop $11.5 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, hero checks

Turn $11.5 J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, hero checks

River T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets $4, Hero?

This guy has been playing 75/25 over about 50 hands. He seems relatively good for someone playing like that i.e. he has some basic hand reading skills. I tried firing 2 CBs at a King high board and he check-raised me on the turn. After I folded, he showed a gutshot draw - bastard. That's why I didn't fire at this board. That and I'd been firing at a lot lately. My read was, he wasn't going to fold a pair.

dchz 11-10-2006 12:44 AM

Re: Rivered Nuts vs LAG

[ QUOTE ]
My read was, he wasn't going to fold a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then, raise away? what's the question?

mikechops 11-10-2006 12:52 AM

I meant he wasn't going to fold 22 on that flop. That was my reason for not CBing. The question is how much to raise the river with a 4 straight out there 9-K and I have T-A? But feel free to critique the other streets.

dchz 11-10-2006 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant he wasn't going to fold 22 on that flop. That was my reason for not CBing. The question is how much to raise the river with a 4 straight out there 9-K and I have T-A? But feel free to critique the other streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd raise 3x, i think that's the most he's calling with a worse hand, but i often give the NL100 people too much credit, so i wouldn't be suprised if you get paid off with more...

i'd normally take a shot at the turn, he's not checking better hands 2x most of the time, i think a bet here on the turn often takes it down

gimmetheloot 11-10-2006 12:56 AM

push and its not close IMO.

matrix 11-10-2006 12:57 AM

I push this river- after a little "thinking time"

he might well have 2pair on that board and is never folding if he does - he might think we are fed up and are bluff tilt raising him all-in and call with one pair.

If I think he's only got one pair and might well fold to a push I might minraise him here and hope he pushes so I can snap call.

He's a LAG he raised you off a hand with a crap draw and he's playing this hand out of character completely I'm guessing he has a slowplayed set or two pair and calls my "bluff push"

tho the last few times I've done this I got called by the nuts and we chop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AlienBoy 11-10-2006 01:02 AM

if you read my previous comment disregard - I misread board.

Push river.

AB

Claunchy 11-10-2006 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
push and its not close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. Just watch Qx call you every time.

mikechops 11-10-2006 12:26 PM

I pushed, he thought for just long enough to make me wonder if he had Qx... and folded. Still I think it was the right move. Maybe at a higher level I wouldn't be so greedy.