Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Graduation gift? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=110093)

MaxxDaddy 05-10-2006 11:25 PM

Graduation gift?

So I'm graduating college in 3 weeks, and obviously not studying for finals since I'm posting. Anywho, I get the idea that I'll be receiving gifts/money for making out alive. Under the assumption that it's mostly money, I have to decide what to do with it. I've come up with the following 4 options (not in any particular order), and reasons behind all of them.

1) New computer- have had my laptop all 4 years of college and it's a monster. A 12 lb. Sager 2.0 GHz with 40 GB hard drive. Monitor is quite dirty and I get the feeling an upgrade can be worth it, particularly since Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is due to come out and I love those games.

2) Go to 2006 WSOP- Ever since getting into poker 4 years ago, this has been on the list of things to do before I die. I'd most likely end up playing one of the $1500 limit hold-em events. Plus, I haven't been to Vegas when allowed to legally gamble (have been there 4 or 5 times while underage).

3) Travel- First left the continent last year when studying abroad in Melbourne (best city ever, I highly recommend it) and visited England this past winter. Now I feel like I should see and experience all those stereotypical things you hear from people returning from vacations in Europe and such.

4) Save it- Well, as a poor college graduate without a job to speak of yet, hoarding money is probably a good move.

Thoughts on these ideas? Any others?

Borodog 05-10-2006 11:27 PM

Re: Graduation gift?

Coke + hookers.

NT! 05-10-2006 11:28 PM

If you're planning on getting enough to do anything on this list, you could do #5 instead: give me 2k and eat a bowl of my sh[/i][/i]it.

NT

Kratzer 05-10-2006 11:33 PM

I like #3. There's nothing better than traveling to new places. If you have enough money you should buy a roundtrip ticket so that you come back in a month. But head out there with no plan. Guaranteed to have an awesome time

CallMeIshmael 05-10-2006 11:37 PM

Having lived with you for two years, I will make the following comments:

[ QUOTE ]
1) New computer- have had my laptop all 4 years of college and it's a monster. A 12 lb. Sager 2.0 GHz with 40 GB hard drive. Monitor is quite dirty and I get the feeling an upgrade can be worth it, particularly since Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is due to come out and I love those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems needed

[ QUOTE ]
2) Go to 2006 WSOP- Ever since getting into poker 4 years ago, this has been on the list of things to do before I die. I'd most likely end up playing one of the $1500 limit hold-em events. Plus, I haven't been to Vegas when allowed to legally gamble (have been there 4 or 5 times while underage).

[/ QUOTE ]

-EV

[ QUOTE ]
3) Travel- First left the continent last year when studying abroad in Melbourne (best city ever, I highly recommend it) and visited England this past winter. Now I feel like I should see and experience all those stereotypical things you hear from people returning from vacations in Europe and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to have time to do it right? I mean, you gotta start working and stuff, so could you travel for more than a few weeks?

[ QUOTE ]
4) Save it- Well, as a poor college graduate without a job to speak of yet, hoarding money is probably a good move.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?