Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   KT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459193)

private joker 07-24-2007 07:34 AM

KT

L.A.'s Friendliest, 20/40

Two limpers to the SB, who is unknown before tonight. So far he has been really spazzy/weird, raising a ton PF and then never making c-bets; just checking and folding or calling. He seems really passive post-flop and super aggro preflop, but the sample size is way too small (maybe... an hour? hour and a half?). Consider him an unknown if you want.

Anyway he raises, I call K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB, limpers call.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB continuation-checks again, and it gets checked around.

Turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, limper 1 calls (he is an idiot fish who looks really uncomfortable with the rules and practices of live limit hold'em) and limper 2 folds. SB now checkraises. I think for a while and... fold.

Standard?

sharpie 07-24-2007 07:59 AM

Re: KT

Looks good. This is a retarded nut flush alot, and if it's something else you can only really hope for 6 outs max.

smurfitup 07-24-2007 08:36 AM

yeah, good fold.

ProfessorBen 07-24-2007 10:56 AM

This fold is good. Even if villain has something like KQ/KJ/QJ, you still have to dodge the limper's likely club outs. The pot is sizeable, but not humungous so your diminished outs aren't even worth drawing to.

I think there will be times that your six outs are clean and you have the odds to draw to that, but that needs to be discounted. (ie. Your discounted outs need to be discounted.)

bigjoet 07-24-2007 11:40 AM

nh... i believe he has the nuts...

cgrohman 07-24-2007 11:42 AM

Standard on the turn. I definitely bet the flop though. The 2 limpers have to worry about the SB behind them and a flop bet opens up your play for later streets.

gaming_mouse 07-24-2007 12:32 PM

Joker,

If this were your first hand at the table with villain, are you still folding?

private joker 07-24-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joker,

If this were your first hand at the table with villain, are you still folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

StrictlyStrategy 07-24-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely bet the flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid.

Bad Lobster 07-24-2007 05:22 PM

This is not a definite flush...in my experience, weak-tight guys like this who don't know when to raise tend to overvalue their big card hands when they finally get one. His play is totally consistent with having just paired a king.

All the same...you're looking at marginal chances of being best right now with six ugly outs and pot odds of 7:1...marginal fold.