Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   decide which nfl team i should be fan of (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552101)

Dropkick Brian 11-22-2007 08:13 AM

decide which nfl team i should be fan of

(cliff notes below)

beeing from europe, you can live 80 years without ever seeing one american football game in your life. however, im a big sports geek and through some friends, madden06-08 and the last 3 superbowls i decided to learn strategies and to follow the nfl season this year. im watching several games a week but to get things really exciting i want to have 1-3 teams i can sweat through the season.

current teams im watching more than others:

- patriots: ok so theyre like the big dominating soccer teams in europe, but i dont like brady and its boring to go with the best (?) team.

- colts: playing them in madden 08 franchise mode at the moment, i like manning and some others. also earning sympathy for the last 3 games where they struggled to win (lol_vinatieri)

- ny giants: i kinda like their logo (lol).

i kinda feel the need for a strong quarterback personality and a team in general thats worth sweating for. adding some stories or facts about the team and why i should be their fan would help me to some kinda bond with them.

cliffs notes: discovered nfl recently, need a team which is worth to sweat for for this season.

tomdemaine 11-22-2007 08:31 AM

Re: decide which nfl team i should be fan of

San Fran, for the lulz.

sightless 11-22-2007 08:44 AM

browns

zan nen 11-22-2007 08:59 AM

Out of the 3 you mentioned, Colts (but I hate them all)

Browns could use some love but it is another rival I hate

I kind of root for the Bears and Cardinals for other random teams

Completely biased and unbiased though, Steelers are the best team.

GMan42 11-22-2007 09:24 AM

Cowboys LDO.

You realize that everyone's either going to post their favorite team, or one of the perennial losers that will frustrate the crap out of you.

Uglyowl 11-22-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like brady

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy

IggyWH 11-22-2007 09:30 AM

Come up with a favorite player or two and then cheer for that team. So it's two-fold cheering, you're hoping the guy you like does good and his team does good, which in turn is good for that player.

Sounds like to me, you're a Colts fan.

Dropkick Brian 11-22-2007 09:47 AM

thx all for ur replies

[ QUOTE ]
San Fran, for the lulz.

[/ QUOTE ]
youre right, saw them, entertaining stuff

[ QUOTE ]
Completely biased and unbiased though, Steelers are the best team.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh i forgot em for the pole, another possible choice for quarterback worshippaments

[ QUOTE ]
You realize that everyone's either going to post their favorite team, or one of the perennial losers that will frustrate the crap out of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, always hard when it comes to sports teams but i get some kind of an idea.

[ QUOTE ]
Come up with a favorite player or two and then cheer for that team. So it's two-fold cheering..
Sounds like to me, you're a Colts fan.

[/ QUOTE ]
good advice. yeah, looks like i am, but its very possible thats just because i know many players from my madden franchise and i like that manning looks like a cartoon figure.... really hard to find criteria without some kind of heritage or smth. in general im more a person that roots for underdogs, but otherwise it would be great to see my team in the playoffs. maybe i should book some bets.

AlexM 11-22-2007 10:05 AM

The Bengals have by far the coolest helmets. No one sane denies this. Thus, you should be a Bengals fan regardless of how much they suck.

StevieG 11-22-2007 10:32 AM

I grew up in South Philly, not far from where the Eagles play. I have lived in Minneapolis, Boston, and now Baltimore, all cities where teams have loyal followings.

And I am going to go against all that and tell you to be a fan of the Green Bay Packers. The team has a long and distinguished history, have a unique relationship with their fans since the community literally owns the team, and play in a revered venue (meaning that when you make your pilgrimage to see them, you'll have a great place to go).

They also have a QB who is a living legend in Favre, but likely in his final year or two playing.