Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   ZeeJustin 2007 POY & tourney results prop bets thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290143)

El Diablo 12-23-2006 07:19 PM

ZeeJustin 2007 POY & tourney results prop bets thread

Yeti directed me to ZJ's latest blog post. www.zeejustin.com

I found it pretty awesome. Here are some highlights:

"I made my statement loud and clear: I am one of the best tournament players on the planet, and I am going to be making some noise."

"The results speak for themselves. I played eight out of the twelve events, and I final tabled FOUR of them."

"I've played a total of 6 tournaments. I've won or cashed in 4 of them."

"try to win Cardplayer’s Player of the Year. It will take a little bit of luck, but I like my chances a lot. Expect me to make AT LEAST top ten in 2007 for sure."

OK, sounds like ZJ is favored to win POY. I will take action against that at reasonable odds. Also, top ten is pretty much a lock, so I'll take action against that as long as I'm given some decent odds. Let's also figure out a top 5 bet. I'll first take as much action as ZJ is willing to give me, then depending on how much that is, take more action from others.

This thread is for both discussion on various other ZJ-related tourney results prop bets and to document bets made and accepted.

Edit: Oops, apparently the third quote was NOT from ZeeJustin, sorry about the error.

grando 12-23-2006 07:21 PM

Re: ZeeJustin 2007 POY & tourney results prop bets thread

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict that he will fly again

Apathy 12-23-2006 07:31 PM

I predict that Alan Sass a.k.a "TheUsher" of the shipitholla ballas will win POY in 2007.

I will take action that he will finish higher then ZJ.

Edit: I will also bet that ZJ will finish higher then all of the top 5 2006 Players of the year. (Mizrachi, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Shannon Shorr, Jeff Madsen) if I am given 5 to 1 odds.

El Diablo 12-23-2006 07:34 PM

Apathy,

Now we're talking, that is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for in this thread!

DonkTilt 12-23-2006 07:36 PM

Beware ZJ in 2007

http://www.zeejustin.com/gallery/176.jpg

Apathy 12-23-2006 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apathy,

Now we're talking, that is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for in this thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

any interest in the bet in my edit?

shaniac 12-23-2006 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict that Alan Sass a.k.a "TheUsher" of the shipitholla ballas will win POY in 2007.

Edit: I will also bet that ZJ will finish higher then any of the top 5 2006 Players of the year. (Mizrachi, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Shannon Shorr, Jeff Madsen) if I am given 5 to 1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

5-1 than he will finish higher than ANY of them? That seems like a decent against all of them maybe. He shouldn't be too much worse than even money to finish higher than any of those players individually in a given year.

I think that El D is in good shape, however, taking even money that ZJ won't make the top 10.

Edit: I guess you are saying all of them.

Apathy 12-23-2006 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I will also bet that ZJ will finish higher then any of the top 5 2006 Players of the year. (Mizrachi, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Shannon Shorr, Jeff Madsen) if I am given 5 to 1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

5-1 than he will finish higher than ANY of them? That seems like a decent against all of them maybe. He shouldn't be too much worse than even money to finish higher than any of those players individually in a given year.

I think that El D is in good shape, however, taking even money that ZJ won't make the top 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to be clear I am saying he will beat all of them.

samster 12-23-2006 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beware ZJ in 2007

http://www.zeejustin.com/gallery/176.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Is this a halloween costume? Or is ZJ goth now?

Whitewash 12-23-2006 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, does anyone 21+ actually dress like that anymore?

cameronw01 12-23-2006 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, does anyone 21+ actually dress like that anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

miami32 12-23-2006 08:29 PM

Apathy, I will take the bet that Zeejustin won't finish higher then all of those players and give you 5 to 1. 1k okay?

Yeti 12-23-2006 08:36 PM

Apathy,

I will bet $5k that ZJ finishes higher than Alan Sass in the 2007 POY. OK?

If you want to up your liability, Daryn is also interested in taking $5k, but please honour my bet first.

nath 12-23-2006 08:39 PM

it would be nice to win the aussie millions so i could be properly rolled to take on this challenge straight up

plus that would give me a big jump start on the 2007 POY

The Camel 12-23-2006 08:40 PM

I would like to bet that ZJ doesn't make a televised FT in a WSOP or WPT event in 2007.

Anyone want to give me odds?

durrrr 12-23-2006 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I will also bet that ZJ will finish higher then all of the top 5 2006 Players of the year. (Mizrachi, Nam Le, J.C. Tran, Shannon Shorr, Jeff Madsen) if I am given 5 to 1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will make these same bets as apathy if ne1 wants action

hedgeyerbets 12-23-2006 09:04 PM

wow the 5 to 1 that he will finish higher is a mind-blowingly stupid bet.

Apathy 12-23-2006 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apathy,

I will bet $5k that ZJ finishes higher than Alan Sass in the 2007 POY. OK?

If you want to up your liability, Daryn is also interested in taking $5k, but please honour my bet first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeti,

I will take that 5k bet, Pm me confirmation that the bet is on and it is on. I will only take 5k action for now but I will think about taking more.

Miami32, is there a HSNL player that I know well who would be willing to vouch for you on this one? I dont think we've ever met and the only thing I know about you is... well never mind that.

Yeti 12-23-2006 09:21 PM

Apathy,

It's on baby. Looks like durrrr will take Daryn's action. Good luck.

shaniac 12-23-2006 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow the 5 to 1 that he will finish higher is a mind-blowingly stupid bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I would go that far, but it's definitely a good bet at 5-1 (If I had the roll, I'm pretty sure I would risk 25K against 5 that one of those guys will finish higher than ZJ).

The thing is, ZJ should be able to beat 5 semi-random Guys Who Had A Good Year in poker (or at least beat them all more than 20% of the time), but Grinder, JC and Nam are consistent performers, and Nam and JC play a lot of semi-obscure (but very +EV) tournaments, plus they are machines. Even if you dismiss Shannon and Jeff as one-year wonders (which I also doubt), I think ZJ is a way longer-shot than 5-1 to beat all of those guys.

I don't really know what I'm talking about but, again, if I could afford it, I would take Apathy's action.

miami32 12-23-2006 09:50 PM

As far as people you know that know me, the only person is Deuce2high, and even though we talk on aim he doesn't know me well enough to vouch for me. I have a couple close references on 2+2. Assani Fisher, is a very close personal friend of mine. I'm sure he'd vouch for me. I'll PM you my sn on aim.

miami32 12-23-2006 09:52 PM

Shaniac, I appreciate it if you did not ruin my action.

ahnuld 12-24-2006 12:18 AM

Diablo, you forgot to highlight the part where zee talks about all the money he's giving away to the most important charitable foundation of our time

alphatmw 12-24-2006 12:23 AM

wtf EVERYONE is overestimating how good zeejustin actually is and severely underestimating how much luck he must have had during his 2006 run. i would take the against for almost all these bets, if i could.

when el d said "top 10 is pretty much a lock.. so i'll take bets against if im given good odds" or whatever. i had flashbacks to the nickrainey tennis thread.

EC10 12-24-2006 12:29 AM

ZEEJUSTIN LOOKS POISED TO TAKE IT ALL

ahnuld 12-24-2006 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf EVERYONE is overestimating how good zeejustin actually is and severely underestimating how much luck he must have had during his 2006 run. i would take the against for almost all these bets, if i could.

when el d said "top 10 is pretty much a lock.. so i'll take bets against if im given good odds" or whatever. i had flashbacks to the nickrainey tennis thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be new to 2+2, oh wait....

Daliman 12-24-2006 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The results speak for themselves. I played eight out of the twelve events, and I final tabled FOUR of them."

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, the results, while speaking for themselves, do not speak very clearly.

PairTheBoard 12-24-2006 02:22 AM

Phil Gordon on ZJ about 5:30 into the Podcast
Phil Gordon Podcast

If Phil Gordon has his way it looks like I might score higher for 2007-POY than ZJ.

PairTheBoard

JacKnight21 12-24-2006 02:29 AM

Apathy and Durrr I'm down for 1k each on the 5-1 ZJ

the only stipulation is that if you win a portion of the winnings (<10%)will be set aside for a "shower dance" for each of u at showgirls.

as long as theusher has his crown royal properly titrated he's pretty much a lock i would suggest 1 every 90 minutes and he runs at 10+ ptbb/100 you r running him too dry at the tounaments.

damn that jc tran he always sucks out on me

J

I have nothing against ZJ I just think its a good bet

Daliman 12-24-2006 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the only stipulation is that if you win a portion of the winnings (<10%)will be set aside for a "shower dance" for each of u at showgirls.

as long as theusher has his crown royal properly titrated he's pretty much a lock i would suggest 1 every 90 minutes and he runs at 10+ ptbb/100 you r running him too dry at the tounaments.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Just how far does $100 go towards a shower dance?

JacKnight21 12-24-2006 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A I didnt say it would pay for all of it
B I'll give u 5:1 u need to hone up on your math skills
C next time u see me i ll get you a beer
D is for donkey that pretty much describes me

***I want to take my bet back and change it to reading comprehension i just realized who u are

shaniac 12-24-2006 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, the results, while speaking for themselves, do not speak very clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the joke.

Daliman 12-24-2006 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, the joke didn;t speak very clearly...

Daliman 12-24-2006 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A I didnt say it would pay for all of it
B I'll give u 5:1 u need to hone up on your math skills
C next time u see me i ll get you a beer
D is for donkey that pretty much describes me

***I want to take my bet back and change it to reading comprehension i just realized who u are

[/ QUOTE ]
which end were you taking? I thought you were betting 1k to win 5k, thus the 10% =$100.

Am I supposed to be good at math, thus the "challenge" change.

Either way, HU reading comprehension for ROLLZ!

stinkypete 12-24-2006 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

which end were you taking? I thought you were betting 1k to win 5k, thus the 10% =$100.

[/ QUOTE ]

reread apathy's offer - if you still think he was betting 1k to win 5k, we can discuss the reading comprehension bet

stinkypete 12-24-2006 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You missed the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, the joke didn;t speak very clearly...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. clearest joke in 2+2 history.

Daliman 12-24-2006 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reread apathy's offer - if you still think he was betting 1k to win 5k, we can discuss the reading comprehension bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, ok, I need JacKnight21's Full tilt name so I can ship him my BR.

Stupid 3 year old bday parties trashing my mind...

raptor517 12-24-2006 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! dont give durr all the action, hes not to be trusted. holla

cardsharkk04 12-24-2006 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take this bet for $1,000

Slider 12-24-2006 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! dont give durr all the action, hes not to be trusted. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet 1k on ZJ over Alan Sass.

PM me~