Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TPTK, RR'ed pot semi-deep against solid reg (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542004)

shpanko 11-09-2007 08:09 AM

TPTK, RR\'ed pot semi-deep against solid reg

Villain is AttackYouStack and he runs 24/20/4.5. We've both been playing long sessions and 3-betting each other a decent amount. No big confrontations though as I can recall. I'm running like 24/18 at this table. Thoughts on flop (bet v check) as well as the shove. Cheerio

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $272.80
BB: $60.15
UTG: $358.35
CO: $350.45
BTN: $176.40

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
BB calls $2, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $34</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $26

Flop: ($70) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $47</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $124</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $238.80 and is All-In</font>

rberg 11-09-2007 08:32 AM

Re: TPTK, RR\'ed pot semi-deep against solid reg

from your description i assume there is no history of 3-betting too light, making plays in rr pots and so on...

Despite the good odds you're getting on that shove, i dont really like it, cause i dont see villian having draws or making a play here often enough given he called a reraise utg. He is also never folding a split.
Calling is obv even worse though.
i'm too afraid to follow through on this thoughts...

SinkRox 11-09-2007 12:17 PM

I think you have to felt here.. Im not happy about it though.

Suigin406 11-09-2007 12:24 PM

i guess this is fine, but like it was said, not thrilled here

shpanko 11-09-2007 08:49 PM

Does everyone like my flop bet?

orange 11-09-2007 08:52 PM

standard, hope your intention was to induce.

TheGreenMile 11-09-2007 08:57 PM

i think the flop bet is good as long as you dont fold when it gets raised.. it can definitely lead to some meh spots like this but i think its well played.

bilbo-san 11-09-2007 09:22 PM

Even without specific history, you gotta felt this.

If there's been a decent amount of 3-betting back and forth, villain could easily be calling preflop with more hands than usual intending to make a play on favorable flops. So a flush draw or pair + GS is well within his range here, because he has to think a ton of your range is folding to his raise if you've been c-betting a lot in 3b pots.

Dialect 11-09-2007 09:59 PM

This really depends on how light he'll call your 3-bet in position. That is what you need the read on, because if he doesn't call light you beat nothing.

nazahl 11-09-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone like my flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I'm not crazy about it. what are you tryin to get value from? I dont think he shows up with AJ or less here very often