Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Poll: How many games per day? How many a week? Turbo or reg? v2.0 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549530)

mb6tour 11-19-2007 04:09 AM

Poll: How many games per day? How many a week? Turbo or reg? v2.0

Sorry to bother making another thread.

If you voted on the other, vote on that too :O

From last thread:

I'm trying to decide how much should I play to speed up my BR grinding & decided to take a look at your routines.

In addition to the pool maybe you could explain: a. How do you decided to play that much/little? b. Why don't you play more/less? Any other point you think it's valuable advice?

Thanks.

mb6tour 11-19-2007 04:12 AM

Re: Poll: How many games per day? How many a week? Turbo or reg? v2.0

The previous results were:

How many games per day?
(9 total votes)
Less than 10 4 44%
Between 10 and 25 4 44%
Between 25 and 50 1 11%
More than 50 0 0%

How many days a week
(8 total votes)
4 or less 0 0%
5 3 38%
6 3 38%
7 (omg hacker) 2 25%

bobdogbobdog 11-19-2007 04:56 AM

I think this is quite an interesting poll. I've aften wondered how many games is optimum in each session i play. Any1 have any thoughts on this? I feel that there may be diminishing returns as u get more tired, lose concentration etc. the more the number of games.

pokercurious 11-19-2007 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that there may be diminishing returns as u get more tired, lose concentration etc. the more the number of games.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find that the correlation is between number of consecutive games and my losing focus. Number of games in a day can be quite a few as long as they're spaced out appropriately. Sessions of more than about 6 (and that's pushing it) consecutive games and I'm flagging for sure. Consecutive games = ending one game and firing up another immediately.

I've started reviewing my HH's - at least briefly - in between each game. Thinking constructively this way helps me reset my 'thinking' poker mindset in between each heat-of-the-moment gladiatorial match.

bobdogbobdog 11-19-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sessions of more than about 6 (and that's pushing it) consecutive games and I'm flagging for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREED !

hra146 11-19-2007 09:11 AM

I dont think I have ever played much more than 2 maybe 3 consecutive matches without having a cigarette or a 2p2 surf inbetween the next one.

bobdogbobdog 11-19-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think I have ever played much more than 2 maybe 3 consecutive matches without having a cigarette or a 2p2 surf inbetween the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

With smoke breaks, winrate = 60%
Without smokebreaks, winrate = 49.9%

Its the same for me too ! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sheetah 11-19-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With smoke breaks, winrate = 60%
Without smokebreaks, winrate = 49.9%

Its the same for me too ! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOOOOOL me too!
Only difference being: coffee and cigarette

tautomer 11-19-2007 01:54 PM

I just smoke at my desk, much easier that way. I guess I must be going at this SNG thing really hard because I'll 2-3 table for over an hour before taking any sort of break. And that's just to enter the results into poker tracker to see how things are going. Once that's done I start playing right away. I guess I'm used to grinding ring games for hours on end so it's no big deal.

I definitely do more than 30 regulars on the days I play, that's only around 2-3 hours after all. I usually end up over 50 though, today I played around 100 of them but that was to get unstuck so it wasn't typical. The suckouts were horrendous for a while there, but I made it back to the green so I'm happy.

daveT 11-19-2007 02:28 PM

I am one of two people who do between 20 and 30 a day, every single day. Although sometimes I do more than 30.

I can't do more than 3 games in a row. It sucks when there is no action on 2+2.