Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL 78s Made Trips, Facing Shove on Turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527373)

HY77 10-20-2007 07:20 PM

25NL 78s Made Trips, Facing Shove on Turn

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $30.67
UTG: $34.62
Hero (CO): $29.13
BTN: $22.95
SB: $29.56

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.75

Turn: ($5.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $17.50</font>, Hero folds

Here are my thought processes:
PF - raised 4xBB+1BB/limper(0) with pocket pair, standard
Flop - Cbetted the flop like I always do
Turn - Value bet, folded because of possible made flush or higher trips

I don't know what else I should have done. Going into the turn I'd say he could have had any 2 hearts, 8x, an overpair, or 6x. After he reraised me all in, I narrowed that range to 2 hearts, 8x. Is that reasonably accurate?
I wasn't at the table long so I don't have any good reads.

Thanks for any help.

DblBarrelJ 10-20-2007 07:32 PM

Re: 25NL 78s Made Trips, Facing Shove on Turn

I like the fold here. However, here are some thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop - Cbetted the flop like I always do

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't always do anything.

[ QUOTE ]
After he reraised me all in, I narrowed that range to 2 hearts, 8x. Is that reasonably accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this read. Villain seems to have done a major nut-up here, when a better player would've bet about 3/4 pot to pot, hoping to get reraised or get it all in on the river.

This is, of course, only done because you're respecting him as an unknown. Against probably 1/2 the players I have stats on, its a snap-call.

HY77 10-20-2007 08:01 PM

How often should I be doing it then? I usually play more than 1 table so I don't pay attention to how much I'm cbetting at each table.
Thanks for the advice.

DblBarrelJ 10-20-2007 08:11 PM

Well, there isn't really a number I can give you, but you never want to do anything to a degree that your opponent expects it. When you bet, you always want your opponent to ask "Why?". Either that, or just call. Those opponents are the best.

wems 10-20-2007 08:21 PM

I think a Cbet is necessary a lot of the time. when you have reads on villian and you see him playing a lot of suited connectors and you have AK, he calls and the flop is like 78J, I dont think id Cbet that board against villian, but other than that you should be cbetting a lot. quiting on the turn if called, unless villian calls a lot of cbets, but I do believe a fold here is good, I always have trouble folding a hand like that though.

vixticator 10-20-2007 08:30 PM

Reads? This turn bet is thin except against a station. I would check against most opponents and call when they lead river.