Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Deutche Bank Championship (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490815)

RacersEdge 08-31-2007 03:05 PM

Deutche Bank Championship

TW, Phil, and Veejay in the same 3some. What are the odds?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The other groups must have like 3 people following them.

TW not looking good - +3 through 5...

tuq 08-31-2007 03:10 PM

Re: Deutche Bank Championship

[ QUOTE ]
TW, Phil, and Veejay in the same 3some. What are the odds?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The other groups must have like 3 people following them.

TW not looking good - +3 through 5...

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty hot reminder.

Here is the link to online Golf Channel coverage. I couldn't get it to open in Firefox but it works just fine in IE.

FireStorm 08-31-2007 03:12 PM

I was actually JUST about to open up a thread on this, as it should probably get mentioned more than it has. As it stands, it appears there actually is something of a semi-major development, KJ Choi withdrew after todays round. If that's the case, it surely hurts him quite a bit as he's in 2nd at the moment, and Stricker shot -4 today.

tuq 08-31-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KJ Choi withdrew after todays round.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, with a back injury it appears. He only shot two over today which would have given him a decent shot at making the cut tomorrow. Must just have decided to ice it and give it a shot next week. Still, a shame to see.

FireStorm 08-31-2007 03:28 PM

Brutal. Another blow to the Fedex Cup. It also appears at the moment that Singh is +4, meaning he may miss the cut yet again.

Butcho22 08-31-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brutal. Another blow to the Fedex Cup.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...brutal is a bit of an overstatement to say the least.

Tiger took 3 shots to get out of a bunker, wtf was that. He looks to be swinging really well though and already has his round under control again.

Phil had his usual moment on #9 with a triple that was absolutely hilarious to watch.

Cornboy 08-31-2007 04:13 PM

That triple of Phil's made me feel kind of good, since I had a very similar "into the woods, chip out of the woods, back into the woods" hole this morning.

I'm going to the tourney on Sunday, should be fun.

Butcho22 08-31-2007 04:38 PM

Plz plz keep telling me about how if Camillo makes this/that putt he's projected to finish fourth in the rankings.

Gary Stevenson 09-01-2007 12:45 AM

i went to the course today and followed the big 3 for a while. tiger hit the ball fairly well but couldn't really make a putt. vijay hit some god awful shots that were almost shanks, luckily his short game kept him from really blowing up. phil played pretty well but had a few bad breaks and looked like he made a few bad decisions. it was pretty cool to follow them around and realize like half of the spectators were watching the same group. got to also watch camillo and sergio for a bit, they both played really well

also forgot to mention, we got in for free. we showed up around noon and bc my dad had been there in previous years, he found us a sweet parking spot right in front of the course entrance. we walked down the course driveway, took one left turn after we passed through security and were on the 9th hole with no passes or tickets...it was pretty sweet

Eurotrash 09-01-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil had his usual moment on #9 with a triple that was absolutely hilarious to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll actually agree with you on this one. watching Phil play that hole was pretty hilarious. watching Tiger leave a few in the bunker was more hilarious, though.