Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Full Tilt Iron Man promotions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347539)

34TheTruth34 03-05-2007 04:50 PM

Full Tilt Iron Man promotions

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find it. Is it worth doing? What's better, freerolls or medal? Has anyone made money off of it? How does it affect MGR? Thanks.

BigBiceps 03-05-2007 04:56 PM

Re: Full Tilt Iron Man promotions

yes.
probably the freerolls.
maybe someone has.
It reduces your MGR by the value of what you receive.

Backspin20 03-05-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes.
probably the freerolls.
maybe someone has.
It reduces your MGR by the value of what you receive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the amount that the buy in would be for the freeroll is charged to your MGR. Ive played in the ironman cashing once and missing once and MGR was hit both times.
I dont think medals affect MGR though

BigBiceps 03-05-2007 05:18 PM

what you receive is a freeroll entry, therefore it is reduced by the value of it.

Ie. $50,000 freeroll, 400 entrants, value is $125 reduction of MGR.

The medals reduce MGR depending on what you use them on.

cmyr 03-05-2007 06:00 PM

if I use the medals to buy points, do I get hit twice?

krazyace5 03-05-2007 06:07 PM

For Ironman do you get medals+ freeroll/or extra medals for skipping freeroll. or is it just one or the other?

KurtSF 03-05-2007 06:18 PM

You got it. Medals, plus either more medals or freerolls on top.

FTPSean 03-05-2007 11:00 PM

BigBiceps has it mostly correct, however his numbers are a little off when it comes to calculating the impact a freeroll or promotional tournament will have on your MGR. Let me address your questions in turn:

* Players choose between the freerolls and the extra medals depending on their preference. If you are able to play the freeroll on a Saturday afternoon and you feel you have a solid tournament hold’em game, then why not give the freeroll a try. Many players choose not to participate in the freeroll because of the impact on their MGR.
* The payout awards are quite generous in the freerolls. In fact, if you happen to win your respective event, you get to participate in the 4 player Heads Up Match Play SNG. The winner of that gets to play three consecutive heads up matches against Full Tilt Pros for a possible $100k more.
* To calculate the amount deducted from your MGR for a freeroll or promotional tournament, first determine what your equity in the event is. Equity is derived (for the few people reading this and scratching their heads) by dividing the total prize pool by the total number of entrants. Once you have arrived at your equity, multiply by 27% to determine the actual dollar amount.
Ie: $50,000 freeroll, 400 entrants, $125 equity, $33.75 real money deduction

Cmyr – Using medals to purchase anything from the Iron Man Store doesn’t affect your MGR in any way. However, if you use medals to buy points, and then use those points to select gear from the regular Full Tilt Store, then you would see a corresponding deduction to your MGR, a the regular rate of 0.5 cents per point.

Krazyace5 – You receive Iron Man Medals for reaching one of the four Iron Man Challenge levels as well as for maintaining or improving your standing in consecutive months. The more months you maintain or improve your status, the more bonus medals you stand to receive.

Sean

Harv72b 03-05-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cmyr – Using medals to purchase anything from the Iron Man Store doesn’t affect your MGR in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, that includes the cash options? I was under the impression that they would be deducted from my MGR.

34TheTruth34 03-06-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BigBiceps has it mostly correct, however his numbers are a little off when it comes to calculating the impact a freeroll or promotional tournament will have on your MGR. Let me address your questions in turn:

* Players choose between the freerolls and the extra medals depending on their preference. If you are able to play the freeroll on a Saturday afternoon and you feel you have a solid tournament hold’em game, then why not give the freeroll a try. Many players choose not to participate in the freeroll because of the impact on their MGR.
* The payout awards are quite generous in the freerolls. In fact, if you happen to win your respective event, you get to participate in the 4 player Heads Up Match Play SNG. The winner of that gets to play three consecutive heads up matches against Full Tilt Pros for a possible $100k more.
* To calculate the amount deducted from your MGR for a freeroll or promotional tournament, first determine what your equity in the event is. Equity is derived (for the few people reading this and scratching their heads) by dividing the total prize pool by the total number of entrants. Once you have arrived at your equity, multiply by 27% to determine the actual dollar amount.
Ie: $50,000 freeroll, 400 entrants, $125 equity, $33.75 real money deduction

Cmyr – Using medals to purchase anything from the Iron Man Store doesn’t affect your MGR in any way. However, if you use medals to buy points, and then use those points to select gear from the regular Full Tilt Store, then you would see a corresponding deduction to your MGR, a the regular rate of 0.5 cents per point.

Krazyace5 – You receive Iron Man Medals for reaching one of the four Iron Man Challenge levels as well as for maintaining or improving your standing in consecutive months. The more months you maintain or improve your status, the more bonus medals you stand to receive.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

ty Sean, I appreciate the response. Let's assume that I don't want to play in the freerolls. Is there any reason NOT to do the medals? If what I buy (other than FTP points) doesn't affect my MGR, then I should just do it, right? Thanks again.