Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

bpc009 11-01-2007 05:05 AM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

trim, don't shave!

Miffed 11-01-2007 05:37 AM

i got a house for £117.5g's yesterday

Ahhhhh, now i need to decorate, where be my biatch!

GSykes 11-01-2007 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

trim, don't shave!

[/ QUOTE ]

shaving balls is standard, trim the upper part though.

Wolfram 11-01-2007 05:41 AM

32yo, software engineer for one of the big banks in iceland (Which just posted a quarterly profit of 402M € so hopefully I'll get a bonus).

I shave and it doesn't itch. Go figure.

Wolfram 11-01-2007 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Details plz (location, size, pics).

bpc009 11-01-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

trim, don't shave!

[/ QUOTE ]

shaving balls is standard, trim the upper part though.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is "itching like a mad man" "worth it?" after 4 years I thought you would have learned that a few millimeters goes a long way for comfort.

but whatever man, to each his own.

Vavavoom 11-01-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh, now i need to decorate, where be my biatch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where ?

Kilillan 11-01-2007 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Epassporte can suck a ball. 1.5 years to get my money out of that place them [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you just got them to release your money?? Or is that just how long it took to get them to give it back to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

some account renewal bs and 10,000$ at 300$ a day

Randiek 11-01-2007 07:02 AM

20 (21 this month, finally!), Im a Dutch student of international business and management. Will be studying in Shanghai from feb-july or sth. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4_2_it 11-01-2007 08:32 AM

Kil,

Thanks. I guess the wiki is wrong. Chopsticks FTW.

Suigin406 11-01-2007 08:35 AM

seriously, the Joker from that movie still scares the crap out of me

Aces0Kingz 11-01-2007 08:47 AM

Freaky but Jack Nicholson plays that role ace.

thac 11-01-2007 08:59 AM

I'm a bit late, but:

I'm 20 in Ohio, going to school at AIU Online for my bachelor's in business administration, no job.

Also, gee - why are you on house arrest?

fees 11-01-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I am the youngest life poster and don't have a school

[/ QUOTE ]

im younger and am leaving school next year [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, are you 12 or something

[/ QUOTE ]

wow 42it ur new avatar creeps me out more than ADZ's

RockRattler 11-01-2007 09:18 AM

31 - software engineer/ IT-Consultant

living in Copenhagen - Denmark

oh.. and shave ftw

4_2_it 11-01-2007 09:31 AM

fees,

Don't worry I expect Lesko to return from trick-or-treating soon.

PedroCerrano 11-01-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fees,

Don't worry I expect Lesko to return from trick-or-treating soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
I always wanted to meet Matthew Lesko just to see if he actually wears that suit around places.

Wolfram 11-01-2007 09:38 AM

from the wiki:

"Mr. Lesko sometimes wears his trademark "question mark suit" during his daily activities in and around Washington, D.C., and (at least some of) his automobiles are decorated in a similar attention-grabbing manner."

PedroCerrano 11-01-2007 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from the wiki:

"Mr. Lesko sometimes wears his trademark "question mark suit" during his daily activities in and around Washington, D.C., and (at least some of) his automobiles are decorated in a similar attention-grabbing manner."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this is so awesome...especially the part about his automobiles.

4_2_it 11-01-2007 09:52 AM

I've had several posters on this site tell me they have seen him in real life and that he was wearing the ? suit. He is a true balla.

nuggetz87 11-01-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had several posters on this site tell me they have seen him in real life and that he was wearing the ? suit. He is a true balla.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. i seen that badass twice. once at Tyson's Corner mall in NoVA, once on the UMD College Park campus lol. i think one of his kids goes here.

GSykes 11-01-2007 10:49 AM

I got a call today from my grampy and he sounded like he was crying and he told me that my grand mother has passed away.

I don't think I have felt sadder than listening for him to try to get that out.

I'll be back in a few days SSNL.

I run bad at life.

4_2_it 11-01-2007 10:57 AM

GSykes,

I am saddend to hear of your loss. Spend some time with your grandfather. He will need you.

EMc 11-01-2007 11:03 AM

21, Student at SUNY Geneseo, gonna graduate in may, still looking for first real job.

on another blast from the past brag notice, quarkncover imed me last night, but variance: I was asleep.

Wolfram 11-01-2007 11:03 AM

GSykes,

My sincere condolences. I've never had anyone close to me die yet and that frightens me because I don't know how I'll handle it when it finally happens.

I was going to whine about how my life sucks atm, but I'll refrain out of respect for your loss.

Suigin406 11-01-2007 11:05 AM

gsykes, i'm sorry to hear of ur loss man, i've run goot at life with these kinds of things, so i can't quite think of the right things to say, but i wish u good luck in getting through this

Chicago Twister 11-01-2007 11:08 AM

GSykes

I'm very sorry for you and your grampy. I can't even comprehend his loss. I know if I lost my wife, I would be not far behind.

GSykes 11-01-2007 11:14 AM

I appreciate all the fast responses.

My dad(their son), and I are heading to go visit them right now. One hour drive, have a good day guys.

GSykes

flyfishingnut10 11-01-2007 11:23 AM

I think I got with some slompdonkey last night.

Jay Riall 11-01-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good thing. Means you don't have to feel guilty when you don't call them. Fat girls don't have feelings ldo.

4_2_it 11-01-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on another blast from the past brag notice, quarkncover imed me last night, but variance: I was asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please follow up on this. Quark was/is an awesome SSNL poster.

PedroCerrano 11-01-2007 12:12 PM

My condolences, GSykes.

Cue-Ball 66 11-01-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good thing. Means you don't have to feel guilty when you don't call them. Fat girls don't have feelings ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh fat girls aren't even people.

flyfishingnut10 11-01-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know if she was fat. Just don't think she was a 10. Or a 9. Or probably not a 5. I was a mess.

Halloween was a lot of fun though!

In other news, does anybody wanna give me some help in C++? I'm just becoming increasingly lost and stressed in this class. I've never programmed before this year and the professor moves rather fast.

RockRattler 11-01-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My condolences, GSykes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamougha 11-01-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other news, does anybody wanna give me some help in C++? I'm just becoming increasingly lost and stressed in this class. I've never programmed before this year and the professor moves rather fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classes are not useful for learning to program. You do it by banging your head against it until it makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Xanta 11-01-2007 01:39 PM

19/m/Engineering Physics student at Queens University, Kingston.

Youngin.

Suigin406 11-01-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know if she was fat. Just don't think she was a 10. Or a 9. Or probably not a 5. I was a mess.

Halloween was a lot of fun though!

[/ QUOTE ]

fly, it's been years since i've prog'd in C++, but there are a lot of good sites out there which have forums/tutorials. I found these to be really helpful, though I did actually take a class, so I'm not sure how much independent help it gave, but still, I recommend that...

i mean, for other languages, like java and VB, i just took out books from the library and they worked great

RockRattler 11-01-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classes are not useful for learning to program. You do it by banging your head against it until it makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO classes are great for concepts but you only ever get good if you practice coding.

A bit like poker really. You need some key concepts to make you proceed in the right direction but you can't learn it from a book.

poincaraux 11-01-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO classes are great for concepts but you only ever get good if you practice coding.

A bit like poker really. You need some key concepts to make you proceed in the right direction but you can't learn it from a book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Textbook examples won't help most people. The best way to learn is to pick a project that you'd like to do and start doing it. Then, the class is just there to help you do a better job writing the stuff you want to write.