Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

thac 11-30-2007 07:48 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

friend with benefits sounds more P.C. or whatever.

bpc009 11-30-2007 08:54 PM

just go with F¤¤¤ Buddies.

goofyballer 11-30-2007 09:18 PM

I've actually gotten fairly good at not putting the pussy on a pedestal lately. Fairly sure that's how I was able to land the Sacramento chick.

Anyway, HUGE MFING BEAT: I got an e-mail saying my company had set up my E-trade account for managing stock options, so I load it up and discover that despite starting on Aug. 6, my stock option grant date was Nov. 1. I e-mailed a guy that handles that type of stuff and he says the board only approves stock options once a quarter, which happened to be Nov. 1 (2 months and 26 days after I started).

If the stock went down between when I started and now then this would be awesome, but during that three month period, company stock went up by about $2.50, meaning that my 2,500 stock options are going to be worth about $6,300 less than they would if I had started work a week earlier (after they vest over 4 years - I can't collect on stock options until I've worked for a year, at which point it will cost me $1575, and then $131.25 per month thereafter).

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS BEFORE I STARTED ASDIFOASDJFPASODF

I also missed the start date for the current 6-month period of the employee stock purchase plan (buy company stock at 15% off the price at the start or end of the period, whichever is lower; so you're guaranteed 15% profit if the stock goes down, more if it goes up) by 6 days by virtue of when I started. Gay.

RiverFenix 11-30-2007 09:48 PM

Goofy that is for sure the kind of thing you can bring up w/ people and w/ some good negotiation get at least a cash bonus if they don't award you the company stock from August.

Etats360 11-30-2007 10:18 PM

Guys, how much money do you think I would have to pay a hobo to kill Isiah, Dolan, and Marbury? $500ish?

4_2_it 11-30-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Goofy that is for sure the kind of thing you can bring up w/ people and w/ some good negotiation get at least a cash bonus if they don't award you the company stock from August.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he gets much sympathy. Not unusual for options to be granted on a set date. My company does it once a year in December and you had to be employed on Jan 1 of that year to be eligible.

Recent SEC investigations have focused on stock grant dates and a lot of companies have changed their policies to have set dates that options are granted. This avoids a lot of issues.

I'm not saying he shouldn't bring it up, only that in the current environment his company probably not being unreasonable.

BigPoppa 11-30-2007 10:42 PM

You should be able to find a New Yorker willing to kill Isiah for free.
Do that, and everything else will take care of itself given time.

stonescar 11-30-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, you gotta see this.

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/gam...123103336234046

[/ QUOTE ]
Sick [censored]. Ending is unbelievable.

Worm75 12-01-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be able to find a New Yorker willing to kill Isiah for free.
Do that, and everything else will take care of itself given time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, true on both counts

Keyser. 12-01-2007 03:09 AM

I just saw No Country for Old Men. It was fantastic... really really good imo. I think I need to watch it again before I really know for sure what's going on though.