Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

kaah 09-22-2007 04:29 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=0

About bargirls

jephavn 09-23-2007 04:05 AM

I'll try ask again, since I didn't got an answer to my last post.
First of all, thanks again for a good read.
I'm leaving for Thailand October 9th and staying in SE Asia till April.

I just have one question; Is it easy to find shoes in size US 12? I recon that it isn't the most common size in SE Asia..

NewTeaBag 09-23-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll try ask again, since I didn't got an answer to my last post.
First of all, thanks again for a good read.
I'm leaving for Thailand October 9th and staying in SE Asia till April.

I just have one question; Is it easy to find shoes in size US 12? I recon that it isn't the most common size in SE Asia..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Well asked.

I still don't really know. Sandals come in all sorts of farang sizes so I'd guess you should be able to find big shoes ESP in a big city like BKK.

NewTeaBag 09-23-2007 04:15 AM

Interesting Thai Girl phenomenon observation:

Every bar/disco/club place I've been in, when Tengo La Camisa Negra starts playing, all (bargirls, bartenders, reg girls, like ALL) Thai womenz start going apeshit wild dancing.

Muy Interasante!

ofdabeat 09-23-2007 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Every bar/disco/club place I've been in, when Tengo La Camisa Negra starts playing, all (bargirls, bartenders, reg girls, like ALL) Thai womenz start going apeshit wild dancing.

Muy Interasante!

[/ QUOTE ]

Worldwide no?

NewTeaBag 09-23-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Muy Interasante!

[/ QUOTE ]

Worldwide no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell. When it came out I was in 'Merica and it got no airplay outside of Spanish stations. Not sure, but perhaps it's Sud America spicyness just fits well with Thai girl spicyness. Doens't seem to have quite the same effect on even the drenk holdaying farang birds down here.

ofdabeat 09-25-2007 08:48 AM

That's it my vacation are booked : Pattaya here I come [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pattaya? hum, : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ1qr...ed&search=

PS: frigging cool vids, hookers inside ( NSFW )

WhoIam 09-25-2007 09:50 AM

You guys can access youtube now?

TheWunderkind 09-25-2007 11:13 AM

does anyone know if ma huang/mau ing (ephedra herb) is legal in thailand?

didnt find an answer trough google

NewTeaBag 09-25-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys can access youtube now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! Didnt see any announcement, links just started working again a cpl of weeks ago.

iFEARrewket! 09-25-2007 02:40 PM

i really dont like the rooms available at the grand president right now
the link that given to me a couple posts isnt superb can anyone give me names of hotels with gyms and in room intenret that they've stayed in?

ChromePony 09-25-2007 06:25 PM

I'm showing up in Bangkok this weekend, I'll be living there with a friend till late December. Seems like there are more and more 2+2ers there these days, maybe we could get a meet up together.

Also, quick visa question. I have the 60 day visa but my return ticket is for 86 or so days from arrival, I'm just planning to get the standard extension in Bangkok but will this cause me problems getting in? My friend who's already there said I could probably just buy a refundable ticket at the airport and cancel it right after for a nominal fee, sound legit? Also what will I need for proof of return flight?

Sorry if this was covered already, I've read through the whole thread at one time or another but there's a lot of stuff in here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

pokerclack 09-25-2007 11:50 PM

NTB, sorry to hear about the loss. This grinding hottie sounds interesting, and so does your fear of getting shanked by crazy gangs. U ok down there?

NewTeaBag 09-26-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NTB, sorry to hear about the loss. This grinding hottie sounds interesting, and so does your fear of getting shanked by crazy gangs. U ok down there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx. Spent about 5 days with my friend who lost the gf. Hes recovering well.

Grinding hottie was a nice distraction for a night.

Worries about getting shanked by gangs are RISING rapidly though!

Ex GF is now completely deranged and last night showed up at my flat (with another girl inside of course). I refused to open the door and she went mental smashing in my windows and threatening to kill us both. The police arrived, eventually, an hour after being called. She got the Thai equivalent of a restraining order put on her by the Police Captain but the price of that was that I had to agree to pay for the damages.

Thailand can be awesome, but folks! There also be some bad [censored] here too. Be aware and protect yourself! In this case it turns out I was smart AND unlucky at the same time. After it was all sorted out, I was havng a cigarette with the police SGT and he told me I was smart for NOT going outside and restraining her because as a foreigner it would have bought me [censored] of trouble and that was probably her objective. He said I was unlucky by being a foreigner because if I was a Thai man, I could have gone outside and beat the everliving [censored] out of her, once she started destroying property, and the Police would have done nothing except remve her from the scene.

john voight 09-27-2007 04:25 AM

Can I get a list of 2+2ers that plan to live here for long time (not just 1 month vacations) and are currently here. Like 1y+

I think I wanna visit within this year, however I dont want to be alone. Like living for a month or two by myself, or w/ some thai girl would prolly get lonely. Now, hopefully I will go w/ a friend or something, but it is no guarantee.

A master list of accessible 2+2ers would be nice, as I am sure many ppl are in the same spot as I.

WhoIam 09-27-2007 05:12 AM

If Thailand gets too expensive for you, you can visit me in Vientiane. I will probably be here in 2008 but can't make any guarantees at this point.

TheWunderkind 09-27-2007 11:07 AM

john when will you be there? How old are you?

Iam travelling at 31. oct and will likely stay for a long time.

MARK R 09-27-2007 12:49 PM

I have read this whole thread and unless I have missed it I dont think I have seem this question asked.

What are a list of phrase that you need to communicate with people in Thiland. Or can you just speak english and most will understand you.

TheWunderkind 09-27-2007 05:50 PM

From what ive understand thais dont speak very good english but you shouldnt have a problem if you stay around tourist areas wich you will be anyway the first Time and youll meet enough farangs and eglish speaking thais to get around but its def a huge plus EV if ypou learn thai if youll stay there for longer. Id def get myself thai lessons, ive alway been talanted in learning english and speaking other languages is just fun AND thais appriciate when you learn and respect there culture/ language.

Boys iam so excited right now, my flight is booked for 31th. If aynone is in BKK at around 1. nov pls pm me!

Nacek 09-27-2007 06:56 PM

HI! i am goin to Thailand for Half year with a friend..we both play poker. will do a litle traveling then headed to chiangmai and play poker there..anyone leaves in chiangmai? How with apartments there, do they have any with internet conection? does Ongame relay NOT work? How about some proxy tricks? Also have a ticket for vietnam flight januar 13th we can hook up there if anyones gona be there..

TheWunderkind 09-27-2007 07:18 PM

Where did you read that ongame isnt allowed? This would be a middle disater for me.

Nacek 09-27-2007 08:48 PM

page 206..its disaster for me 2..we must figure out a way around this. Does anyone know if (i am not an expert) can be done this with proxy..

TheWunderkind 09-27-2007 10:31 PM

wow, iam also not an expert i dont even know what proxy means.

btw i found out that ritalin seems to be available in thailand upon prescription under the name rubifen.

iFEARrewket! 09-28-2007 01:46 AM

got there today comp broke so using mouse to type on laptop going back to market tmrw to get keyboard ... its so fun here if u wanna hang pm me or grand president tower3 room 269 (Call) 662 651 1200

cookie 09-28-2007 04:05 AM

Went to get visa yesterday.

I just got 3x60 days, which basicly means I dont need to find a consulate when leaving thailand and coming back, but I still need to cross the border every 60 days.

11 days to go before I leave for Thailand

MARK R 09-28-2007 06:15 AM

Quick Question.

Is it possible to hire a laptop while in bangkok. I am only going for a week but would be nice to be able to use the internet in my room. What rates are we looking at.

Mark.

goragora 09-28-2007 12:21 PM

I will be in thailand in a month and a half I just get a 3x1 month visa, where did you get 3x2 visa and what country are you from?

cookie 09-28-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be in thailand in a month and a half I just get a 3x1 month visa, where did you get 3x2 visa and what country are you from?

[/ QUOTE ]
Denmark, they also had a 1 year thing with multiple entries. Went to the consultate (I thing this is the english word) even though it was a 2+ hour drive to make sure to get the best option. You dont really need to get 3x30 days from home, do you? As I understand it you can get 30 days upon arrivel 3 times?

And just in case anyone doesnt knows a 60 day visa is valid for 60 OR until u leave the country, so crossing the border uses the visa no matter how many days one has left.

klb 09-28-2007 04:20 PM

I read the whole thread (took me a while) and there's a hudge possibility I'll be going to Bangkok for a year with some friends in a few months.

A question though (as pretty much everything else has been answered): do you guys know if the new Neteller card is working fine in Bangkok, in ATMs and as a credit card ? I'm trying to find a way to avoid costly Dollar > Euro > Bath conversions (I'm French) during my stay and that seems to be the easiest way.

Also, for ppl living there, what do u think is the best district to live in Bangkok ? Like not in an overpolluted area, but not too far from everything, and not overpriced (ideally we're looking for a 3 bedrooms appt/house for 1500usd/month max). We'll probably live in an hotel for a few weeks while looking for a place to live but if we can narrow it down to a few nice places that would be great.

iFEARrewket! 09-28-2007 04:55 PM

convert rate??? lol.

in atms im getting a better rate than on xe.com including fees
xe= 300bht 10cnd
atm= 300bht 9.04cnd

iFEARrewket! 09-28-2007 05:02 PM

no talk about torrents please

-nation

NewTeaBag 09-28-2007 06:45 PM

I just had one AWESOME night out in Phuket. Bit nice considering my exgf troubles and my friend's gf passing. Me and my friend spent 6 hrs with 4 girls eating dinner and at a Thai disco. WOOT! We also both getting bedde dby hotties. HYACHACHACHA!

YO! Ofdabeat! FK that pattaya sheeeeeet! Get ur arse down to Phuket beeeeeeeatch!

iFEARrewket! 09-28-2007 08:52 PM

srsly... 1month in bk will be enuff than im hitting a beach house in phuket and becoming budhist

hows the net there compared to bk

NewTeaBag 09-29-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
srsly... 1month in bk will be enuff than im hitting a beach house in phuket and becoming budhist

hows the net there compared to bk

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent enough t grind off for reasanble rates.
BKK will have stronger conx on the whole since its the supply hub, but in Phuket if one chooses the correct company/ISP its pretty smooth.

Madd 09-29-2007 12:19 AM

1) 3x60 days means nearly 9 months because after 60 days you can go to the immigration for extra 30 days. Same after the next 60 days. You only have to start your third 60 days before the visa expires.

2) If you want to stay in Thailand and play on Ongame you need to write support.

WhoIam 09-29-2007 02:03 AM

You guys should really visit Bangkok before committing to live there for long periods of time.

ofdabeat 09-29-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

YO! Ofdabeat! FK that pattaya sheeeeeet! Get ur arse down to Phuket beeeeeeeatch!

[/ QUOTE ]

Arf I feel way too degen right now for anything less sleazy than pattaya

iFEARrewket! 09-29-2007 06:41 AM

im pretty sure i got ripped off on my cell phone
paid like 80$ for cheap ass cell+card :| lol
considering my cell in canada cost me 350 ..
so how do i call in america? 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx isnt working

Nacek 09-29-2007 10:39 AM

how bout A proxy stuff..Anyone please !!!

efficacy 09-30-2007 05:03 AM

How the hell do phone numbers work in Thailand? I have seen 4 digit phone numbers, and other numbers with way more digits. What gives?