Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Playing a monster OOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554673)

Hollywade 11-26-2007 03:47 AM

Playing a monster OOP

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50.80)
BB ($70.85)
UTG ($118.95)
MP ($54.15)
CO ($54.25)
Button ($126.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $7.5</font>, Hero calls $7.50.

River: ($25) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>

This is yet another demonstration of why I hate being out of position. I'm obviously afraid of scaring the guy away. That's why I just called the flop and the turn. However, I'm not going to be caught with my pants down when the river goes check-check. I don't know this guy well enough to be confident that he will fire again.

How do you guys feel about my check-call, check-call, lead out way of playing this? How about the size of the river bet?

On the turn, I actually thought there was a good chance he had a pretty good hand. However, like I said, I wasn't sure if it was something he'd go to the felt with.

I did what I thought I should to get maximum value on the river.

Thoughts?

Delzek15 11-26-2007 03:52 AM

Re: Playing a monster OOP

In this situation I normally min raise the turn. After that you can lead out with a 60-70% river bet if he calls. I feel that is the best way to extract value from your hand because if he has a good enough hand to call your river bet with such a coordinated board he has a good enough hand to call a min-raise on the turn.

xoom 11-26-2007 10:30 AM

I like leading the flop and hoping he is raising with any overpair or overcards with a flushdraw. I think this is the line that makes us the most in the long run.

matrix 11-26-2007 11:22 AM

If CO is a TAG minraising the turn turns our strong hand pretty face up - vs a donk it doesn't matter so much but still blows a lot of hands off this pot.

How aggro is CO postflop and how often has Hero donked into pfr? or c/raised a flop recently?? If our image is good enough a b/3b all-in is good here. Alternatively b/3betting the turn is good as well I think.

He's only calling our river bet with Jx or an OP he might flat call with a boat as well which would suck I prefer to get a raise in somewhere on either flop or turn as I think this gives us a better shot at taking his stack and I prefer to do this on the turn while he might have some draw he can still call with.

bsball8806 11-26-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In this situation I normally min raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible line. This screams monster, and he's probably folding all but his best hands. I like a c/c, lead turn for about 6. He may be unwilling to put you on 46 or diamonds for a made hand. He may also just call you down with an overpair anyway.