Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   66 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=61002)

cartman 03-14-2006 01:49 PM

Villain is unknown.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

What do you think?

Should I fold on the turn if I had 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] instead?

What if I had 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the turn was 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

Thanks,
Cartman

MarkD 03-14-2006 02:30 PM

Re: 66

I like how you played it.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I fold on the turn if I had 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] instead?

[/ QUOTE ]
My initial thought was yes. With some stoving my answer now is no. I think you should fold in this case. From my very sketchy stoving having the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] increases your equity about 10%.

[ QUOTE ]
What if I had 6 6 and the turn was 2?

[/ QUOTE ]
My initial thought was that this should be a fold. Stoving agrees with me here.

disjunction 03-14-2006 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, I fold to the c/r on the flop, and then the table proceeds to run me over for the rest of the night [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The Bryce 03-14-2006 02:35 PM

If you're folding blank turns you should be abandoning this one on the flop.

MarkD 03-14-2006 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None of these turns are blanks.

On the flop I put my opponent on a flush draw, a straight draw, a nine, or a seven. A diamond on the turn is a bad card for us given that range.

If a true blank came on the turn I would consider raising for a free showdown as I think a flush/straight draw is a large percentage of the hands this guy has here.

JBB 03-14-2006 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I put my opponent on a flush draw, a straight draw, a nine, or a seven. A diamond on the turn is a bad card for us given that range.

If a true blank came on the turn I would consider raising for a free showdown as I think a flush/straight draw is a large percentage of the hands this guy has here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you see A3 or Ax here sometimes?

Dane S 03-14-2006 02:55 PM

Looks good. That turn is the worst possible card for you. Most turn/rivers I'd be calling down.

The Bryce 03-14-2006 02:58 PM

Sorry, I just kind of assumed he wasn't intending to show this down. I wouldn't be terribly excited about putting more chips in against a range that consists of hands that have us crushed and 15 outers.

disjunction 03-14-2006 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a true blank came on the turn I would consider raising for a free showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

I count 17 blanks. And even if we get one, executing your plan costs 2.5 BB to win about 5. Maybe I'm being weak-tight here, but I fold to the c/r.

Spy Dog 03-14-2006 04:53 PM

That turn card is bittersweet.

Good river fold.