Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Kobe Vetoes Trade to Pistons (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547082)

LBJ 11-15-2007 06:52 PM

Kobe Vetoes Trade to Pistons

link

[ QUOTE ]
1270 Detroit -
According to radio station 1270 AM in Detroit, the Lakers and Pistons came to an agreement to trade Bryant to the Pistons.

However, Bryant used his no-trade clause to veto the trade.

The report claims the deal was completed late Tuesday night.

Detroit would have sent Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, Amir Johnson and a first round pick to the Lakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Cavs fan, I'm extremely happy. Damn, the Pistons would be stacked. Really surprised Kobe vetoed this trade (if true, of course), since it seems he was only going to veto a trade to a team that was getting much worse on the trade. But with Billups, Rasheed, Kobe, and a new, solid young core the Pistons would be sick.

kbfc 11-15-2007 07:03 PM

Re: Kobe Vetoes Trade to Pistons

As a non-Lakers, but NBA in general, fan living in LA, I want Kobe here. That's 82 games on local HDTV of the best player in the NBA. I don't know how much any of you have watched the Lakers this year, but Kobe makes any game worth watching.

Jack of Arcades 11-15-2007 07:04 PM

That would make the Pistons what, the #5 team in the league?

kidcolin 11-15-2007 07:04 PM

Billups Kobe 'Sheed Prince would be so frickin awesome. If all these reports about his vetoes are true, he's basically shooting down anything that's not a sure thing.

Jack of Arcades 11-15-2007 07:04 PM

Prince was included in the trade

kidcolin 11-15-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That would make the Pistons what, the #5 team in the league?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. If all went smoothly and they got along, I'd say #2 or #3.

kidcolin 11-15-2007 07:07 PM

oops. Without Prince I'm less high on it, but it's still very solid.

IrishHand 11-15-2007 07:13 PM

I'll never understand why people want to believe silly speculation from hometown news/radio.

Chance LA trades Kobe for two average-to-marginally-above-average players and a prospect? 0%
Chance some other team's newsmedia fantasises up a silly imbalanced Kobe deal? 100%

Enjoy the ride...here all season...

Sephus 11-15-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll never understand why people want to believe silly speculation from hometown news/radio.

Chance LA trades Kobe for two above-average players, one of them an all-star, and a prospect and a 1st?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

IrishHand 11-15-2007 10:15 PM

Kobe is an All-Star, a superstar, a franchise player.

Prince is a solid SF - marginally-above-average imo. Somewhat limited offensively, very good defensively. Hamilton is grossly overrated - an average SG at best who looks better than he really is due to the team he's on. A Detroit 1st is relatively inconsequential if they have Kobe.

Not sure which of the above you'd rate as an "All-Star" unless you're purely going by NBA All-Star selections, which opens the door to all sorts of crap, at least in the East the past few seasons.