Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Morale Dilema (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524762)

GambleGamble 10-17-2007 03:12 AM

Morale Dilema

Friend gets tagged for DWI....yes we all know its wrong and he is an idiot etc....its 3rd offense I believe and a felony...yes I still know he is a complete piece of [censored] and sucks at life...but the first 2 happened 20 years ago etc....

...situation is that he was not driving when it happened he was on side of road with flat when cops pulled up and arrested him, they never seen him physically drive the vehicle....if found guilty loses driving privledges for year which means he cant drive his kids or see him really for that matter (divorced) and pays ton of cash he doesnt have in fines etc....

All you have to do is testify that you drove car but left him there for whatever reasonable reason you could think of....

..What do you do? testify and get him off? or say sorry buddy you gotta pay the price?

Golden_Rhino 10-17-2007 03:14 AM

Re: Morale Dilema

Help a brotha out.

Eurotrash 10-17-2007 03:14 AM

i was skeptical before i opened the thread, but you do have a genuine morale dilema here

demon102 10-17-2007 03:15 AM

If u think u can get away with it do it up yo.

Mike E. Vegas 10-17-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Help a brotha out.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJSCOTT2 10-17-2007 03:16 AM

first of all, i don't think morale is the word you're looking for here. Second, unless he admitted it, if the cops never saw him driving, he doesn't have anything to worry about and you don't need to bother testifying.

WhoIam 10-17-2007 03:28 AM

I'm pretty sure people have been convicted of DUIs after being found sleeping in their car by the side of the road so I don't think the "cop never actually saw him driving" defense would work.

evank15 10-17-2007 03:30 AM

There is no morale dilemma here.

This is nothing but bad for morale for all involved.

miajag 10-17-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the cops never saw him driving, he doesn't have anything to worry about and you don't need to bother testifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if cops came to the scene of a crash and found the owner of one of the vehicles stumbling around drunk they wouldn't be able to charge him with DUI? lol. Depending on the state he very well could be considered to have had constructive control over the vehicle, in which case it doesn't matter whether the cops saw him driving it.

STOP GIVING LEGAL ADVICE IF YOU AREN'T A [censored] LAWYER.

HYACHAHCAHCAHCAHAHCAHC

JJSCOTT2 10-17-2007 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if the cops never saw him driving, he doesn't have anything to worry about and you don't need to bother testifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if cops came to the scene of a crash and found the owner of one of the vehicles stumbling around drunk they wouldn't be able to charge him with DUI? lol. Depending on the state he very well could be considered to have had constructive control over the vehicle, in which case it doesn't matter whether the cops saw him driving it.

STOP GIVING LEGAL ADVICE IF YOU AREN'T A [censored] LAWYER.

HYACHAHCAHCAHCAHAHCAHC

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I'm not a lawyer, but my best friend is a state trooper and he says all the times he comes upon single car accidents where the owner of the car is obviously drunk and he can't charge them with DUI because he has no evidence that they were driving. Don't know if this is a state by state thing but that's just what I know. If I'm wrong, I apologize.