Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503044)

Needle77 09-17-2007 01:51 PM

The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko

Vote on #756

So Marc Ecko bought #756 from the online auction for $752,467 dollars(good job Mets fan). He has decided to let the people vote on the fate of the ball, the options?

1. Have him send it to Cooperstown.
2. Have him send it to Cooperstown, but brand it with an asterisk before doing so.
3. Have him put "the ball into a rocketship and launch it into orbit, a moon shot for the ages. Out of sight, out of mind." to quote the webpage.

What is everyone's opinion on this?

PokerFink 09-17-2007 02:08 PM

Re: The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko

This is very awesome.

I don't really mind all the steroids/cheating/whatnot in sports, but I voted to brand it just because that's [censored] awesome.

Let's do our own poll.

Cancuk 09-17-2007 02:12 PM

Brand it.. not because I hate the cheating, but just because that would be so sick.

CIncyHR 09-17-2007 02:38 PM

When I was a kid my parents took me to Cooperstown every summer during induction weekend. Walking through the HOF and seeing all the memorobilia was always thrilling as a young baseball fan. I think it is disrespectful to young fans in the future to do anything but just send it in as is. Bestow it.

Case Closed 09-17-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was a kid my parents took me to Cooperstown every summer during induction weekend. Walking through the HOF and seeing all the memorobilia was always thrilling as a young baseball fan. I think it is disrespectful to young fans in the future to do anything but just send it in as is. Bestow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to say something like this...except my version would have more cuss words. This is a really bad idea, and it's very disrespectful to more than just Bonds, it's disrespectful to the entire game.

g-bebe 09-17-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to say something like this...except my version would have more cuss words. This is a really bad idea, and it's very disrespectful to more than just Bonds, it's disrespectful to the entire game.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've lost me. what's disrespectful about giving the ball to cooperstown?

MikeyPatriot 09-17-2007 03:20 PM

It would be disrespectful to give the ball to Cooperstown with an asterisk branded on it.

Case Closed 09-17-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be disrespectful to give the ball to Cooperstown with an asterisk branded on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I know this situation is not exactly analogous, but what if the person who caught Aaron's home run ball wrote something racist on that before it was put into the hall? (I don't know if it in the hall) Defacing this type of material is never a good idea. It's extremely arrogant of this person to do this.

And I am going to say this before anyone attacks me, I agree that his ownership of the ball gives him the right to defile it anyway he sees fit. I think he should use better judgment and not ruin a piece of history.

IggyWH 09-17-2007 07:16 PM

Bestow It

offTopic 09-17-2007 07:22 PM

[x] Hand it over to RedBean