Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Do you shove now on this turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556365)

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 12:23 PM

Do you shove now on this turn?

Villain is loose (like 41/20)

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$81.35</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$87.10</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$49.70</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$49.25</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$75.45</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$51.30</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.5, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.5, UTG+1 calls $3.5

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15.75, 3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11</font>, UTG calls $11, <font color="#777777">UTG+1 folds</font>

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($37.75, 2 players)
UTG checks

So I can shove here, with an overpair, but it appears to me that the only thing I might be beating here is TT, or some AK/AQ floater. Since shoving gets called by hands beating me, and the hands it folds out have like 3 outs to catch on the river anyway, I don't know what to do.

thursday 11-28-2007 12:32 PM

Re: Do you shove now on this turn?

This is a pretty gross situation. There are basically no draws on that flop, and with him calling with a player to act behind you can put a smart villain on solely TT-JJ and hands that have already made sets. I'd check back here pretty often against someone who wasn't 41/20. Against this villain... ugh.

Lego05 11-28-2007 12:36 PM

Raise bigger pre-flop especially with a caller in between.

As played I probably check behind on the turn and shove the river.

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this delay do for us?

orlov 11-28-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
makes it look like a bluff and the calling station a reason to call id guess.

creamfillin 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

I don't see what the problem is here.. Villain is loose/bad. We have an over pair in a reraised pot. Get your money in.

Lego05 11-28-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gives him a chance to bluff on the river if he called the flop with a whiffed hand or to valuebet a worse hand. Also IMO makes it more likely that he will call the shove with like 88/TT (unless a broadway lands on the river). The board is very dry so no need to worry about that....and if he happened to hit a J he's calling the turn or the river and same for if he has us beat.

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what the problem is here.. Villain is loose/bad. We have an over pair in a reraised pot. Get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's loose, but I don't know if he's bad yet. And loose doesn't always mean loose in 3betsville. What do you think a loose/bad villain is calling the flop with other than 99+?

I mean, I see a loose/bad villain calling a 3-bet with a hand like AJ or KQ or something, and then folding the flop, but once he calls he's gotta have something.

DaveC101 11-28-2007 01:05 PM

He seems like he has a pocket pair or like AK/AQ/AJ...shove it, he'll probably call pretty light. Earlier I was thinking checking behind or betting low might be the best choice, but then we're definitely giving him a cheap chance to hit an A or K, which screws us. Get it in while you're most likely ahead.

iheartponeez 11-28-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He seems like he has a pocket pair or like AK/AQ/AJ...shove it, he'll probably call pretty light. Earlier I was thinking checking behind or betting low might be the best choice, but then we're definitely giving him a cheap chance to hit an A or K, which screws us. Get it in while you're most likely ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he's peeling with AK or an underpair here? Why?