Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pan's Labyrinth - Film by Guillermo Del Toro (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294124)

snagglepuss 12-29-2006 09:57 PM

Pan\'s Labyrinth - Film by Guillermo Del Toro

saw the trailer for this few weeks ago and didn't think anything of it really.

however it has been getting some pretty sick good reviews across the board: 99% on rottentomatoes.com

obviously hellboy and blade 2 were awful films, so i was pretty skeptical. but with this film season being so flaccid, this is something i am now looking forward to and plan on catching when it opens.

Trailer at apple.com

jkkkk 12-29-2006 10:12 PM

Re: Pan\'s Labyrinth - Film by Guillermo Del Toro

Ever since I saw the trailer I've been dying to see this, but the nearest place that is showing it is London, [censored].

AE6 12-29-2006 10:15 PM

i would pass on this film without a second thought if not for rottentomatoes. seriously, they are very tough, and 99% is one of the best scores i have ever seen there. so even though this movie isn't really my type (and yes, i'm still mad that i got swindled out of 8 bucks by paying to see hellboy) i am very psyched for it.

cbloom 12-29-2006 10:18 PM

"Cronos" and "The Devil's Backbone" are both amazing. Guillermo seems to suck at Hollywood movies but rock when he does his own thing. I'm definitely looking forward to Pan.

Poon Jab 12-29-2006 10:22 PM

This is a pretty sweet film.

Saw a screener of it with no prior knowledge of the film whatsoever. I simply saw the word "labyrinth" and made the obvious connection.

For starters it's definitely not the "kids" movie i figured it would be. Has some VERY violent scenes in it and a decent amount of gore.

Is this being released in the US? The copy I've seen was in spanish with english subs.

Poon Jab 12-30-2006 08:00 PM

Other suggestions for movies by Del Toro?

spentrent 01-01-2007 11:56 AM

A friend of mine told me she had never been scared in a theater until she saw this. (El Laberinto del Fauno in Spain)

ticks 01-01-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
saw the trailer for this few weeks ago and didn't think anything of it really.

however it has been getting some pretty sick good reviews across the board: 99% on rottentomatoes.com

obviously hellboy and blade 2 were awful films, so i was pretty skeptical. but with this film season being so flaccid, this is something i am now looking forward to and plan on catching when it opens.

Trailer at apple.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen it and it is very good.
No similarities with hellboy or blade 2 at all.

siccjay 01-01-2007 12:33 PM

This looks awesome. I don't think it's comin out here soon though. Hurray for the internet!

Case Closed 01-01-2007 12:44 PM

I don't get this or children of men around me. Lame.