Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What makes this illegal for the pros? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431675)

RacersEdge 06-20-2007 11:55 AM

What makes this illegal for the pros?

Suppose a playeer's caddy received a text message from someone watching a golf tournament - either on TV or live - that would give the player some information about his upcoming putt. What prevents this from happening? Is it the "advice rule"?

ghostface 06-20-2007 12:23 PM

Re: What makes this illegal for the pros?

yeah its happened before and now cell phones are banned from players bags.

jupiterpig 06-20-2007 12:29 PM

another thing i didn't realize was legal was smoking on the course. With a game that requires such etiquette you would think that smoking would be banned, especially during tournament, more specifically major tournaments!! I saw Angel doing it at the US Open and did not realize it was allowed. Also i thought it was funny how he flicked the butt onto the course as he walked up to 17 i think...so i guess it is not against the rules to smoke, but i never knew otherwise

JackInDaCrak 06-20-2007 12:43 PM

Daly smokes like 3 packs a round.

billygrippo 06-20-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daly smokes like 3 packs a round.

[/ QUOTE ]

he also plays roulette on each odd numbered hole

JackInDaCrak 06-20-2007 06:30 PM

acutally he has a roulette wheel on his bag.

/truestory

Ron Burgundy 06-20-2007 07:54 PM

The Mike Springer Rule

BadBoyBenny 06-20-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another thing i didn't realize was legal was smoking on the course. With a game that requires such etiquette you would think that smoking would be banned, especially during tournament, more specifically major tournaments!! I saw Angel doing it at the US Open and did not realize it was allowed. Also i thought it was funny how he flicked the butt onto the course as he walked up to 17 i think...so i guess it is not against the rules to smoke, but i never knew otherwise

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been to a golf course? Every time I play half the people on the course have cigars. However, I do agree that it's bad form to litter on the course.

jupiterpig 06-20-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been to a golf course? Every time I play half the people on the course have cigars. However, I do agree that it's bad form to litter on the course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not that dumb...i know smoking is allowed on a normal course, i was referring to a PGA event...

ghostface 06-21-2007 09:35 AM

Darren Clarke is well known for smoking cigars on the course all round long.