Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Never would have imagined this. Dicaprio/Brunson team (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498083)

Colima420 09-10-2007 07:43 PM

Never would have imagined this. Dicaprio/Brunson team

http://www.pokerlistings.com/doyle-b...for-film-18187

I agree with what they're doing. I wonder how they came in contact with each other and decided to work together.

Colima420

gettym 09-10-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Never would have imagined this. Dicaprio/Brunson team

random

sqwisssssss 09-10-2007 07:55 PM

lol, the environment is better than it was 20 years ago. i live in the bay area and havent seen smog in the distance for over 2 decades. there hasnt even been one heat wave this summer.......very mild.

i guess a global ice age would be better.

whats the name of this movie? tiglobaltanic?

demon102 09-10-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, the environment is better than it was 20 years ago. i live in the bay area and havent seen smog in the distance for over 2 decades. there hasnt even been one heat wave this summer.......very mild.

[/ QUOTE ]

blizzards in my area get worse and worse and draught during the summer time gets more an more frequent so blah

arcdog 09-10-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, the environment is better than it was 20 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally an expert weighs in on this issue. Case closed.

sqwisssssss 09-10-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, the environment is better than it was 20 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally an expert weighs in on this issue. Case closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

finally 3 experts weigh in on this issue. myself, doyle and decaprio.

fyp

realjaydub 09-10-2007 08:30 PM

Doesn't Doyle live in Vegas ?

And he's wondering why its hot?

sqwisssssss 09-10-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blizzards in my area get worse and worse and draught during the summer time gets more an more frequent so blah

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, its official. the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

just do what i did..........MOVE

dibbs 09-10-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the most retarded post I've read on 2p2 in a long, long time. And that says a lot. Hopefully I just don't grasp your sarcasm.

MitchL 09-10-2007 08:36 PM

Typical Texas liberal.

sqwisssssss 09-10-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the most retarded post I've read on 2p2 in a long, long time. And that says a lot. Hopefully I just don't grasp your sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

pffft dibs, everyone in your eyes is retarded.

if we all did what liberals say and took what experts say as the word of god, iraq would now be a nuclear threat, we'd all be wearing towels on our heads, everyone would be bisexual and nothing is faster than the speed of light.

ok, so the climate is changing. global climate shifts have been occuring before man can remember. man should concentrate more efforts on moving to outer space. we are ALL sitting ducks on spaceship earth............

(chime in favorite hippie song of your choice)

Phresh 09-10-2007 08:45 PM

You are really stupid.

Asthenia 09-10-2007 08:48 PM

I'm sure that Doyle put up money for this because he believed so strongly in it's message and not because he thought he could make some money off of it.

Moneyline 09-10-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that Doyle put up money for this because he believed so strongly in it's message and not because he thought he could make some money off of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is correct, and it's not just a "liberal" thing for him as one poster is suggesting. I've heard Doyle say many times in interviews that he was a Republican his entire life until the poker legislation of last fall was passed.

wazz 09-10-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pffft dibs, everyone in your eyes is retarded.

if we all did what liberals say and took what experts say as the word of god, iraq would now be a nuclear threat, we'd all be wearing towels on our heads, everyone would be bisexual and nothing is faster than the speed of light.

ok, so the climate is changing. global climate shifts have been occuring before man can remember. man should concentrate more efforts on moving to outer space. we are ALL sitting ducks on spaceship earth............

(chime in favorite hippie song of your choice)

[/ QUOTE ]

UNDERCOVERMOBSTER?????

Bavid Denyamine 09-10-2007 09:39 PM

i like how sgwissss decides that his anecdotal evidence is enough to refute every respected research scientist and mountains of empirical data just to stick it to the liberal treehuggers that he idiotically thinks is the source of the global warming campaign

back to the original article though, i'm always amazed at doyle. editors or not, he's a pretty great writer and has a great perspective on life. i'm glad to see a texas gambler and presumably conservative republican is willing to back a foolishly labeled "liberal" cause. i guess if you live in vegas long enough and meet enough people, you become more liberal than you might think

BuddyQ 09-10-2007 10:15 PM

Doyle making money selling BS to the fish, so what has changed?

Eder 09-10-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like how sgwissss decides that his anecdotal evidence is enough to refute every respected research scientist and mountains of empirical data just to stick it to the liberal treehuggers that he idiotically thinks is the source of the global warming campaign

[/ QUOTE ]

err just as many reputable scientists refute the "human-created" global warming dogma...Perhaps "climate as usual" is not newsworthy or profitable.

In the early 70's "unnaturally" frequent severe weather was attributed to a weather machine created by the russians and widely believed by most of your parents.

In any controversial issue it is prudent to follow the money trail.

dibbs 09-10-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha now I know you're kidding, cheers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for my favorite hippy song, I'd go with that Buffalo Springfield one.

apefish 09-10-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

err just as many reputable scientists refute the "human-created" global warming dogma...

[/ QUOTE ]

Making sentences like this up undermines any sensible arguments. This simply isn't true.
There may be disagreement as to how much is directly attributable- but there is no large group that thinks it isn't a factor.

Jamougha 09-10-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

err just as many reputable scientists refute the "human-created" global warming dogma...Perhaps "climate as usual" is not newsworthy or profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are currently almost no climate scientists who disagree that humans are causing climate change. Anthropogenic warming is the concensus position.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a PhD and claim that global warming isn't happening then the oil companies will throw money at you. Thats why there are plenty of unqualified people entering the debate.

tonymead 09-10-2007 11:43 PM

i like it, good to see poker money going to good cause!

i heart tree huggers!

sqwisssssss 09-10-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but the majority of the scientific community is "liberal"

david, i'm not here to argue with people who think stinger smooth called pre flop with KK.

sqwisssssss 09-11-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha now I know you're kidding, cheers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for my favorite hippy song, I'd go with that Buffalo Springfield one.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, at least you have a sense of humor.

the hippie anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHvf20Y6eoM

apefish 09-11-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Making this statement in no way bolsters your own argument. Excellent use of the ad hominem to defend your position though.

sqwisssssss 09-11-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Making this statement in no way bolsters your own argument. Excellent use of the ad hominem to defend your position though.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i certainly dont think there is an argument that the planet is a violent and unpredictable place.........thus my true argument of pushing mankind to outerspace........

and leaving the liberals behind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

luckbalks 09-11-2007 01:03 AM

sqwisssssss... Is the earth just 6500 years old?

Jamougha 09-11-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because conservatives are poorer at dealing with complex information.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/sep/10/1

vhawk01 09-11-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the early 70's "unnaturally" frequent severe weather was attributed to a weather machine created by the russians and widely believed by most of your parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as many? LOL. You have no idea wtf you are talking about.

NCAces 09-11-2007 01:46 AM

Lock and ban, please. All parties involved. I left the Politics forum a while back so I didn't have to read otherwise seemingly pleasant people getting into pissing contests over things they know little about.

NCAces

MitchL 09-11-2007 01:46 AM

I cant believe global warming is still being argued about. Anybody here think the earth is flat?

sqwisssssss 09-11-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because conservatives are poorer at dealing with complex information.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/sep/10/1

[/ QUOTE ]

and the article ends with:

The study is not conclusive, Dr Amodio says, but it is possible that political orientation to some degree reflects a person's style of information processing.

yep, the smart liberals were the court fools, jesters and singing minstrels, entertaining the dummy conservatives who were fighting and shedding blood to draw the lines on the globe.

its a safe world now for you intelligent liberals........thanks to the dummy conservatives.

sqwisssssss 09-11-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lock and ban, please. All parties involved. I left the Politics forum a while back so I didn't have to read otherwise seemingly pleasant people getting into pissing contests over things they know little about.

NCAces..... OWNER AND CEO OF 2+2 inc.

[/ QUOTE ]

sqwisssssss 09-11-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe global warming is still being argued about. Anybody here think the earth is flat?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, a liberal scientist told us the world was round years ago.

realjaydub 09-11-2007 02:49 AM

Liberal meant different things back then.

Today it means you support highter taxes, homosexuality and illegal Aliens.

pig4bill 09-11-2007 02:53 AM

Doyle lost a prop bet obviously.

sqwisssssss 09-11-2007 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Liberal meant different things back then.

Today it means you support highter taxes, homosexuality and illegal Aliens and stealing big blind and sitting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

09-11-2007 03:14 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

pokergrader 09-11-2007 03:41 AM

The world is [censored].

Jamougha 09-11-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

yep, the smart liberals were the court fools, jesters and singing minstrels, entertaining the dummy conservatives who were fighting and shedding blood to draw the lines on the globe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, it's called natural selection.

Good job most of the conservatives don't believe in that either.