Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A good book for mtt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278231)

Ryendal 12-08-2006 06:17 AM

A good book for mtt

Hello, I only play cash and sng.

I want to play few mtt while I play my "normal games ".
I know this forum is good but don't have enough time to read it( sorry guys [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ).

So, I want one book ( may be two ) to help me to get a grasp of this game. What type of raise should I do. How to play with a big stack, etc ...

I heard some good book was written recently, ( or will ).

Well, I hope I won't waste your time to much,do you have a good book to suggest to me ? Thank you very much

Rocco 12-08-2006 07:38 AM

Re: A good book for mtt

Standard answer for you. Read Harrington On Hold'em I + II and you'll take your tournament game to another level. His third book is a workbook to test if you've grasped the concepts...

1st and 15 12-08-2006 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard answer for you. Read Harrington On Hold'em I + II and you'll take your tournament game to another level. His third book is a workbook to test if you've grasped the concepts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Only poker books worth reading (+ Skalansky's TOP too I guess). Harrington is money.

Ryendal 12-08-2006 09:19 AM

I read yet TOP.

I search a book focused on MTT, nothing else.

I know that I don't understand this type of game because I saw players do some little raises, such raises are bad both in Sng and Cash games. I feel I don't get the strategy of this type of game, and I want to learn it.

mornelth 12-08-2006 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read yet TOP.

I know that I don't understand this type of game because I saw players do some little raises, such raises are bad both in Sng and Cash games. I feel I don't get the strategy of this type of game, and I want to learn it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrington On Holdem.

betgo 12-08-2006 10:27 AM

I think I have posted my choices before.
1. HOH
2. TPFAP - Sklansky
3. Making the Final Table - Lindgren
4. Little Green Book - Gordon

For no limit holdem in general NLHTP -- Sklanksy, which covers some shallow money issues primarily applicable to tournaments. D. Brunson's chapter in Super System for deep money play.

Harrington and Sklansky take a TAG approach, whereas Brunson and Lindgren take a LAG approach.

I don't agree that there are only a couple of books worth reading.

AceLuby 12-08-2006 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read yet TOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually they are bad in MTT's as well, if you already play SNG's and cash games MTT's kind of sit in the middle.

Cash = Deepstack
MTT = Shorterstack
SNG = Ultra Shortstack

AC-Cobra 12-08-2006 11:20 AM

If you're a good cash game player you wont have to adapt you game much to succed in deep stack tournaments of course.

Although Harrington is a great book I would be wary of following like a bible like many do. When people do this they have possibly the easiest game to read and play against.

Orcman 12-08-2006 12:38 PM

I agree but its still the best book out there for mtt. Just be ready to mix up/adapt your play a little.

The book is very conservative and designed to keep you out of trouble but the foundation are super solid.