Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL:Flop Trips, Villian wakes up on river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=425450)

Alfil 06-11-2007 09:05 PM

25NL:Flop Trips, Villian wakes up on river

Villian sat a little more than three orbits ago and won a couple of small pots without a showdown and I have only entered 2 pots in that time.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.15
UTG+1: $19.95
CO: $31.75
Button: $27.10
SB: $13.85
Hero: $34.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.75, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $0.5</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.25, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $14</font>.

Hero ???

Worm75 06-11-2007 09:15 PM

Re: 25NL:Flop Trips, Villian wakes up on river

I waffled here between just call and shove, but looking at the hand and the way that the villain played it, I just have a hard time seeing him show up with a better 9 here/set.

I shove the river here, I think hand is underrepped to the villain, and the only line I can see him taking like this is Kxcc. I think villain probably looks you up with his K here to. 22/33 raise the turn, and I think most 9's do also. CO never open limps AK/kk, and pretty rare to open limp a small PP.

pfapfap 06-11-2007 09:39 PM

I agree, this feels really weird. Maybe he's on KQ/KJ?

neaera 06-12-2007 07:44 AM

reraise flop to define your hand, protect from FD, build pot.

as played call barring a further read.

Panic__NL 06-12-2007 08:38 AM

raise the flop, you ahve trips not a set. You get called by overcards and flush draws on the flop.
I would call his river reraise, if you shove what will he be calling with that you beat?

corsakh 06-12-2007 08:57 AM

Sorry, its butchered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

9T is not exactly the nuts on this board. And less so if a club, 7 or 8 falls. On the turn I am just speechless [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Do you understand what your turn bet says here? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

LG87 06-12-2007 09:11 AM

i dont like the flop play, way too passive. but as played i'd still call in this spot

Alfil 06-12-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reraise flop to define your hand, protect from FD, build pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
What exactly does building a pot OOP do if at the same time I am defining my hand in such a way that villian could exploit it?

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop, you ahve trips not a set. You get called by overcards and flush draws on the flop.
I would call his river reraise, if you shove what will he be calling with that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
The concensus seems to be raise the flop bet but I still think my flop call is fine. Other than my hand there isn't much that hits this flop hard that I can't beat other than 22 and A-J 9. If villian has either of these, no matter what I am going to lose some money on this hand if I don't improve so I don't think a flop like his is an inopportune time to slowplay. The river raise is a defining moment I agree. Up until this point I thought I was applying Concept #6 in NLHET&amp;P fairly well but occasionally I invert a concept and acheive the opposite result.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you understand what your turn bet says here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to you so perhaps you could explain.