Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

crubfrush 10-23-2006 09:30 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4537/houseex9.jpg

Here is my pad in Samui for $250 a month

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] yooooooou.

your place looks amazing.

AceCR9 10-23-2006 10:46 PM

wow just finished.

KKF owns lol

Degen/Farang- just took a quick look at this site, and was curious what your opinion of the deal was? I think it would be SICK if I could be there for New years and full moon.

http://www.phanganbatik.com/travel/index.html

fish2plus2 10-23-2006 10:51 PM

that website = lol.

im not paying money for anything on a website like that.

AceCR9 10-23-2006 10:55 PM

so...possible for me to make arangements similar to those by myself? speaking no Thai? should I just worry bout gettting there then let any problems be solved with $$$

dinopoker 10-23-2006 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7844/frontoj6.jpg
Here is the view from my porch again.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of amenities come with your pad? You have good TV/AC etc.? How much is all of that?

Ribsauce 10-24-2006 02:07 AM

Internet quality? Bedrooms? How about a 3 bedroom there for 200 each or so?

edit

How did you find the house? I'm about to be in Samui and I want to check out options for the future

farang0 10-24-2006 03:41 AM

The best way to find nice places is to rent a bike and drive around into all the little nooks and sois. Thats how I found this place and another place Im thinking about moving into.

There are 10 houses identitcal to mine on this lot. There are a few emptys as well. They were asking $400 but I got it down to $250. Its a 1 bedroom. Has AC in the bedroom. Comes with tv and cable. Cable is $10 a month but I got it for free cause I know how to sweet talk old thai ladies.

"DSL" is $20. If you spend $100 then you get decent dsl. You can use dialup for $10 a month. I paid $75 to install a phone line. I actually have a sweet hook up. My neighboor has dsl with wifi and doesnt know how to secure it so I just leech free internet off of him. haha

The one thing I dont like about my place is the kitchen. Its just a sink and a fridge. You can gas and a burner but I dont bother. I have a rice cooker a sandwhich machine and pizza hut on speed dial so I get by ok.

You might be able to find a 3 bedroom for 200 each. Id say if you spend like 3-400 each then you would have a nicer place similar in quality to my place.

Ribsauce, if you are comming to samui have a drive and look around. The house next door is identical to mine and is free so check it out. I could negotiate you a killer deal like I got too.

Poker Pro! 10-24-2006 04:01 PM

Degan: Me and my two friends are gonna move to thailand atleast for 3 months. This thread is SO great! Thx for this. We have few questions...

1. You said that you cant use Neteller or Partypoker..My question is: Can I play online poker there and which sites? Im from Finland and is there any differences between USA and Finland ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2. If you cant use Neteller, how u can withdraw your money from pokers ? Wire transfer to your account?

3. I know that there is big equality differences between guy and girl but it is okay if I want treat girls like I do in Finland? I dont want that girl makes every fckng morning breakfast for me etc.

4. Tell me three worst things in Thailand?

5. If its not illegal play online poker, is there any problems with that?

6. Is there any places where its not problem to buy weed without big risks? I mean some island or something, if u know some place, name would be nice =)

7. Is it hard to get apartment with internet ?

8. I know that there is big equality difference between men and womens but if I want treat girls like in finland, is it okay ? If not, what are problems?

And one more time, thx for this thread. Here is alot of important & intresting information =) We were gonna move to Australia but not anymore ;D

Poker Pro! 10-24-2006 06:03 PM

Oh made one question 2 times and there is some errors in my post but i dont know how to edit post cos it was my first post on this forum :P

AceCR9 10-24-2006 06:25 PM

I basically went through this entire thread yesterday. Im like an expert now. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would suggest doing the same. Just click show all then browse through. the answers to all your questions are in this thread.

on the GF attempting to plz you- from what KKF said this is not because they feel forced to at all. they are pleased if they can make you happy. its not like they are slaves or anything- let them plz you, and go out of your way with other things to plz them. This would work better, right guys? trying to figure out if i understood the earlier posts.

10-24-2006 09:06 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

farang0 10-24-2006 09:30 PM

Not all thai girls are like that.

My girl friend isnt running around trying to do everything for me. Thats the way I like it too. But my girl comes from a well off family so she was raised under different ideals.

Poker Pro! 10-24-2006 10:00 PM

Thx for answers. Yeah I was on 22. page when i made that post but now i have readed 20 pages more and have got alot of new information. My problem is that i dont know what we are going to do if we cant play online poker there but I hope that it will work when we go there.
Degen when u r going back to thailand ?

farang0 10-24-2006 10:01 PM

You will be able to play poker here.

10-24-2006 10:10 PM

farang0 10-24-2006 10:33 PM

Actaully in Thai we dont say ship it.

Better start saying "Sohng bpai!"

Klompy 10-24-2006 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will be able to play poker there .

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be able to say 'here' in a week! SHIP IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so so jelous, I'm still trying to con a friend into going with me. I don't want to go by myself all that bad.

10-25-2006 01:51 AM

Ribsauce 10-25-2006 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ribsauce, if you are comming to samui have a drive and look around. The house next door is identical to mine and is free so check it out. I could negotiate you a killer deal like I got too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm here now. Where is the best place to go/learn windsurfing in the Chaewng area? I'm about to walk around and try to find a place.

I won't be trying to find a house until next summer but thanks for the offer

10-25-2006 02:04 AM

Ribsauce 10-25-2006 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm here now. Where is the best place to go/learn windsurfing in the Chaewng area? I'm about to walk around and try to find a place.

I won't be trying to find a house until next summer but thanks for the offer

[/ QUOTE ]

u gonna be around for FMP?

[/ QUOTE ]

50/50 on this

Klompy 10-25-2006 02:19 AM

degen,

I've read the entire thread as it's been formed, but there's still kinda a gray area in my mind. What is the best way for someone coming into thailand to find where he should stay for a month or so. I've read that it's best to ride around and try and find a place but it's a little scary to just show up in a thai airport hoping you can pass the language barrier and figure out how to find a place to stay.

I think I might be most at home just going to phi phi or some place similar to it. I have no idea what would be best as in what airport to fly into, and how in the world to find a good place to stay in other then paying overpriced online prices. Have you been to Phi Phi? and if so, how would be a good way of finding a place to stay?

also, if there's a better place to stay then phi phi for just being sorta remote, and being able to sit on an open beach I'm open to other places.

szw 10-25-2006 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actaully in Thai we dont say ship it.

Better start saying "Sohng bpai!"

[/ QUOTE ]

whats that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

ship it

Raven 10-25-2006 03:27 AM

Actually I'm able to play poker and access Neteller and Party Cashier (I'm Canadian) without a proxy or whatever right now in Thailand.

The worst things I saw in Thailand are the beggars on Sukhumvit.

10-25-2006 03:31 AM

Raven 10-25-2006 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

weird. last time i was there i accidentally logged into neteller and they froze my account.

party cashier would return an error message saying i could make deposits/withdraw from thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, when I was in Thailand last year, it was the same for me. I came here with the expectation of having to use a proxy, but I never had to up to now. Maybe the coup have some benefits ?

farang0 10-25-2006 03:54 AM

"The worst things I saw in Thailand are the beggars on Sukhumvit. "

Thats the worst thing you have seen in Thailand? I think thais who cut me in line at the bank then start picking their nose for 5 mins are worse then beggers.

Rib: I know a guy who has a kitboarding shop in Big Buddah but they are packed up because now is not the season. But there is a hotel in Chaweng that does lessons. Let me see if I can find the name

farang0 10-25-2006 03:57 AM

I lost the email that had the name so Im not sure. But one of the bigger hotels has a kite shop inside.

10-25-2006 04:04 AM

farang0 10-25-2006 04:11 AM

Just rent a nice condo and drag all the pussy from bed supper club home for an after party.

10-25-2006 05:30 AM

farang0 10-25-2006 06:44 AM

bed pussy = celebrity pussy.

Have them drive you back home in their Ferraris

PokerintheI 10-25-2006 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is no way you can get a nanny/cook to come to the USA for $2,000 a year. Your out of your mind. The Aurpair program which is basically what you are looking for makes you pay the Thai girl $175 a week or more. You have to pay standard minium wage. You think just cause they are thai you can pay them $2 an hour? Do you know anything about labor laws? What your asking for is a slave.

[/ QUOTE ]

This truly was a random comment and as such, I was not serious. Besides, there would be no reason to go to Thailand for this as there are plenty of Mexican illegals to go around.

I appreciate the information on the spas and hotel sitting services though.

Poker Pro! 10-26-2006 12:57 AM

One thing guys.. I see that u know everything about Thailand...I readed from this thread abt racism. Is it true that tha ppls dont like european ppls ? :P Ofc there is some ppls who likes but now im talking like 80% of thai ppls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Example if there is like 5 thai guys, can u just go to talk them without getting ur ass kicked ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

10-26-2006 01:05 AM

Ribsauce 10-26-2006 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Rib: I know a guy who has a kitboarding shop in Big Buddah but they are packed up because now is not the season. But there is a hotel in Chaweng that does lessons. Let me see if I can find the name

[/ QUOTE ]

yea the crappy wind situation here kinda lead me on to conclude that. I'm trying to figure out where to go right now.

10-26-2006 02:19 AM

farang0 10-26-2006 03:23 AM

Hell you could even fly to hong kong or singapore right from samui.

turbojunge 10-26-2006 05:29 AM

@Degen
What's the name of the diving school on Koh Tao?
Thx!

farang0 10-26-2006 05:44 AM

Koh Tao is like diving island so there are TONS of diving places.