Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   psa: riggedness/hacking on absolute poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502177)

snagglepuss 09-16-2007 08:55 AM

psa: riggedness/hacking on absolute poker

just a headsup in case any of you have missed the thread in bbv which is developing, or fonkey's reference to it in the hsnl [censored] thread.

imo, it is pretty conclusive that there is some level of riggedness/hacking/superuser account shenanigans on absolute poker. i think the evidence so far is pretty damning, and that there is going to be a lot more to come out from this situation.

i would recommend ceasing any high stakes play on absolute poker until this issue is addressed and resolved. i suspect those involved are likely to not continue now that this is all coming to light, but imo it is best to err on the side of caution

i suspect AP will handle the situation terribly

snagglepuss 09-16-2007 08:58 AM

Re: psa: riggedness/hacking on absolute poker

link to bbv thread. (long, and contains a lot of noise from idiots, but also a lot of info)

FoxwoodsFiend 09-16-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
link to bbv thread. (long, and contains a lot of noise from idiots, but also a lot of info)

[/ QUOTE ]

way to bump your own thread. so sad.

snagglepuss 09-16-2007 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

captZEEbo 09-16-2007 10:37 PM

wowowow tldr. Anyone have any details whether or not it's safe to play on UB?

ike 09-17-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd agree except that it looks like he may be correct.

fwiw i had similar experiences in the higher stakes limit games on absolute over a year ago that lead me to stop playing in the game. schneids, among other generally reputable 2+2ers were equally sketched out by things they saw there. there were several apparent fish in the games who played loose/terrible preflop and then consistently made bizarre plays postflop that would make you think they could see your cards.

PLAYOFFS 09-18-2007 01:04 AM

Whenever I play on Absolute I always put tin foil over my head so my opponents can't read my mind.

sapol 09-18-2007 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I play on Absolute I always put tin foil over my head so my opponents can't read my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i loled

MATT111 09-18-2007 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd agree except that it looks like he may be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

After all we know so far there is no doubt he is.

Deuce2High 09-18-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wowowow tldr. Anyone have any details whether or not it's safe to play on UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure but does anyone know who created Absolute Poker's software? I know it was very similar to Poker Stars' and I had been under the impression for a while that it was the same software dev for both sites and stars simply pumped a lot more money into theirs.