Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Live STTs: How much rake is beatable? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=428865)

blackize 06-16-2007 06:23 PM

Live STTs: How much rake is beatable?

I was in Atlantic City last night playing some 1/2nl at the Borgata and they kept announcing SNGs over the PA system, and I was incredibly tempted to play in some of them.

The buyins I saw offered were:

60+15(25% juice)
100+20(20% juice)
250+20(8% juice)
500+30(6% juice)

I'm pretty sure 20% is beatable as I did it briefly at the Party 6's a year and a half back, but I think I'm too much of a BR nit to play $100+ buyins.

I assume the play is atrocious and some pretty high ROIs could be had with a more reasonable rake structure. Does anyone have experience with these and what kind of ROIs can be had with the 20-25%?

BadBeatsCrewDerk 06-16-2007 06:30 PM

Re: Live STTs: How much rake is beatable?

I'd agree with that -- the 120 is probably beatable live. Be sure to check the payouts though. The local B&M here is winner-take-all (along with rake ranging from 29% to 40%!).

jgunnip 06-16-2007 06:30 PM

All of these should be beatable 95% of live players freaking clue how to play sngs or bubble strategy or icm. You should be able to dominate, even the 60+15s, just playing push/fold. and obv, the slower the structre the higher your edge but almost all live sngs have super fast structre.

and happy birthday!!

Slim Pickens 06-16-2007 06:31 PM

You should be able to crush even the 25% rake ones. Play as high as you can possibly stand. Hock stuff if you have to. Live SNGs are usually the easiest games ever. I have no idea on the actual ROI you might see, but they're way profitable for anyone who knows advanced poker strategy like how to read a board.

ADLinden 06-16-2007 06:33 PM

I'm at TS right now and i played a few, they were the softest things ever.

blackize 06-16-2007 06:33 PM

Wow I wasn't expecting to hear that they are that beatable. I'll definitely have to hop into a few the next time I get the chance. Thanks guys, and thanks Jeff for the birthday wishes.

AMT 06-16-2007 07:00 PM

agreed, and for the record, the term "juice" is typically reserved for bets and loans, not rake. nh though, and happy birthday. w00t.

kaz2107 06-16-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I wasn't expecting to hear that they are that beatable. I'll definitely have to hop into a few the next time I get the chance. Thanks guys, and thanks Jeff for the birthday wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]happy birthday dude. why dont u play at my tables n e more?!?!?!

The Yugoslavian 06-16-2007 08:15 PM

all of it

Yugoslav

fluorescenthippo 06-16-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed, and for the record, the term "juice" is typically reserved for bets and loans, not rake. nh though, and happy birthday. w00t.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think i knew this.

black take a shot at a 100 or something just once. they all should be +EV for you even with the rake. and happy bday