Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hi/Lo Rolled aces linecheck multiway vs. (xx)KK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513649)

2461Badugi 10-02-2007 02:18 AM

Hi/Lo Rolled aces linecheck multiway vs. (xx)KK

Mostly interested in the river bet here. I don't usually slowplay, but this seemed close to an ideal spot.

I had no idea what was going on with Seat 2, but checking through sixth seemed horrid.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

6th Street - (14.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (17.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Andy B 10-02-2007 02:22 AM

Re: Hi/Lo Rolled aces linecheck multiway vs. (xx)KK

I might have waited until sixth to raise, mimicking a busted low, but fifth is a fine place to pull the trigger. I think the river is an easy value bet.

JoeDimaggio 10-02-2007 02:55 AM

I wouldn't have. At 3/6 they're calling a capped raise on 5th with almost anything after getting in that far lol. These people cannot fold anything. At 5/10 or higher however, I would definitely follow that advice.

roggles 10-02-2007 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have. At 3/6 they're calling a capped raise on 5th with almost anything after getting in that far lol. These people cannot fold anything. At 5/10 or higher however, I would definitely follow that advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's crazy, in my experience 3/6 is the fishiest of all limits in the 1/2 - 5/10 range at full tilt poker. Often 3/6 is a game that comes together under a very short period of time, and it usually has several people buying in for $30 trying to go all-in with KK in the hole

If you got a low card on 4th, would you raise there?

RandomUser 10-02-2007 07:18 AM

I don't play a lot of hi-lo, but wouldn't raising 3rd in this case be a good move? You have 3 callers, two of which have high cards so you can represent a low hand and there is a good chance that one of the high hands will 3-bet.

2461Badugi 10-02-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play a lot of hi-lo, but wouldn't raising 3rd in this case be a good move? You have 3 callers, two of which have high cards so you can represent a low hand and there is a good chance that one of the high hands will 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that I'm UTG.

Tha Stunna 10-03-2007 06:11 PM

I'd often raise with rolled aces, but this is an ideal spot to slowplay, particularly with that tiny ante (which I hate). Raise, and you're encouraging people who play well to fold; limp, and you tell everyone that you definitely don't have a pair of aces. I can't really see doing anything differently; it's really hard for people to put your on rolled aces and do anything about it. However, I have lost with rolled aces 2/3 times that I've had them, so be careful with my advice.

By the way, it may be different at full tilt (which probably has a higher ante?) but 3/6 is definitely the tightest limit between .04/.08 and 5/10 that I've played.

akaLogic 10-03-2007 07:13 PM

Put seat 2 on the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bet the river.

I think you can make a really good argument for raising 4th.

Andy B 10-04-2007 02:21 AM

Full Tilt has a $.50 ante for $3/6 vs. PokerStars $.25 ante. The smaller ante is bound to lead to a tighter game.

blumpkin 10-04-2007 01:18 PM

I really don't like the way this was played. What hands do you ever open limp with when you have an Ace door? Also, when a paint card pairs their door they will often have trips, meaning that here there is no reason to slowplay on 4th unless you hate money.

I agree with Logic that it really looks like Seat 2 has a two-way flush/low draw. I would bet the river to get paid by the open kings but if Seat 2 raises you are toast.