Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Indignant over 50 cents, what's my play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=58718)

UATrewqaz 03-11-2006 07:50 PM

Indignant over 50 cents, what\'s my play

So I go eat dinner at a restaurant and the check is like 13.48 or something and since I tip up to round numbers I tipped like 2.52 for a total of 16.00

So my credit card statement arrive and guess what? The charge is for 16.50

Most people wouldn't care due to the fact it's only .50 and I also couldn't give a damn about .50 HOWEVER i'm convinced whoever entered the tip made it .50 more ON PURPOSE because they knew I wouldn't do anything.

What is to stop a waiter from artificatlly inflating every tip every time by .50 all night? He "knows" nobody is going to go through banking/credit card hassels over .50 and he makes lots of extra money.

So like how would you handle this? Just let it go? If I do then he wins...

Ken_AA 03-11-2006 07:52 PM

Re: Indignant over 50 cents, what\'s my play

call the resturant and tell them his name or where you were sitting on what night. Thats all you have to do.
Ken

Thythe 03-11-2006 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do, he wins, and if you don't, he wins. This is the dilemna you will face long after this thread falls off the front page.

runner4life7 03-11-2006 07:52 PM

you could probably get a free meal out of this. They did that once when we were at pizza hut they added a dollar and my roommate got his next meal free. So yeah i go and call him out on principle.

DMBFan23 03-11-2006 09:33 PM

damn, I like this waiter's style, in a weird "because he's not stealing from me" kind of way.

like I know it's wrong, but damn that's evil genius

NT! 03-11-2006 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you could probably get a free meal out of this. They did that once when we were at pizza hut they added a dollar and my roommate got his next spit-encrusted spunk-and-dingleberry supreme pizza for free. So yeah i go and call him out on principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Let it go dude.

NT

mcb 03-11-2006 09:46 PM

slash tires. honestly, though, i would be pissed about this. the kid took liberties and stole money, regardless of how little.

Bullet_Dodger 03-11-2006 09:49 PM

Waiters make [censored] for money, let them rob you of 50 cents. I would not make a big deal about it, and Im not a passive person either.

PokerBob 03-11-2006 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I go eat dinner at a restaurant and the check is like 13.48 or something and since I tip up to round numbers I tipped like 2.52 for a total of 16.00

So my credit card statement arrive and guess what? The charge is for 16.50

Most people wouldn't care due to the fact it's only .50 and I also couldn't give a damn about .50 HOWEVER i'm convinced whoever entered the tip made it .50 more ON PURPOSE because they knew I wouldn't do anything.

What is to stop a waiter from artificatlly inflating every tip every time by .50 all night? He "knows" nobody is going to go through banking/credit card hassels over .50 and he makes lots of extra money.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is possible that this is an honest mistake. ever think of that?

ElaineMonster 03-11-2006 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is possible that this is an honest mistake. ever think of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. I'd let it go.