Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bush to commute Libby sentence (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=441364)

JackWhite 07-02-2007 05:51 PM

Bush to commute Libby sentence

Apparently he will leave in place the fine and probation, but no prison. Fall out will be interesting.

Wisch 07-02-2007 05:56 PM

Re: Bush to commute Libby sentence

Its about time.

Felix_Nietzsche 07-02-2007 06:01 PM

Yep......Bush is a [censored]

Once it was clear that Fitzfong was not charging anyone with outing a CIA agent. The whole process should have ended there.

Washington DC in HEAVILY DEMOCRAT and no Republican is going to get a fair trial in that town from a DC jury. Bush is political STUUUUPID! I wonder is Bush is a Democrat mole whose goal is to destroy the Repub party.... Either that or he is a complete moron...

adios 07-02-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently he will leave in place the fine and probation, but no prison. Fall out will be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have been pardoned IMO. I'm really glad that Bush did this because the way this case went down deserves a lot more scrutiny. It will be interesting to see how much people like Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Leahy, etc. scream about this. Hope it's loud and shrill so a debate ensues about the merits of this case and it gets alot more scrutiny. I'm thinking the Democrats make a couple of noises but don't say too much. I really hope I am wrong.

Wynton 07-02-2007 06:22 PM

My guess is that this will displease conservative and liberals alike, perhaps conservatives more.

oldbookguy 07-02-2007 06:25 PM

Well, I do not have a problem with Libby's jail time being commuted.

I DO however have a problem with Bush letting our border guards sit in jail for shooting a drug smuggler in the rear end and then putting the border guards in jail.

This outrages me!

obg

adios 07-02-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that this will displease conservative and liberals alike, perhaps conservatives more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, that would still be good IMO maybe even better if more are displeased.

niss 07-02-2007 06:32 PM

Boy I sure don't understand the sentiment that he should be pardoned. Wasn't he involved in the cover-up of Richard Armitage leaking the identity of a covert CIA agent? I don't care if you're right, left, Dem, Repub, black, white, yellow, or have 10 eyes and 2 toes, participating in such activity is treasonous and should result in whatever the max for the offense is. Period.

adios 07-02-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....Wasn't he involved in the cover-up of Richard Armitage leaking the identity of a covert CIA agent? ...

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

almostbusto 07-02-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I do not have a problem with Libby's jail time being commuted.

I DO however have a problem with Bush letting our border guards sit in jail for shooting a drug smuggler in the rear end and then putting the border guards in jail.

This outrages me!

obg

[/ QUOTE ]

Lou Dobbs gimmick account?