Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   MLB Futures Sweat - Final Weekend! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223830)

AllinDan 09-29-2006 10:59 AM

MLB Futures Sweat - Final Weekend!

Well this is it, we've come down to the final regular season weekend! Personally, I've got a lot riding on Detroit to hold on and on the Astros to finish this miracle comeback, and a little on the dodgers. Anyone else in the same boat?

chev9 09-29-2006 12:11 PM

Re: MLB Futures Sweat - Final Weekend!

I need the Cards to stay close enough going into Sunday to have Carpenter pitch, then I need him to throw a gem while Brandon Webb gets rocked.

Thremp 09-29-2006 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need the Cards to stay close enough going into Sunday to have Carpenter pitch, then I need him to throw a gem while Brandon Webb gets rocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Oswalt and Hoffman are caught with roids.

TheRover 09-29-2006 01:07 PM

Carpenter or Webb to win the Cy Young, Detroit pennant, LAD pennant, and I think Cincy/Division+pennant is still alive.

beetman 09-29-2006 01:15 PM

I took some Twins division futures before the season--I thought Minnesota was prety undedrated and the Indians and White Sox overrated. I certainly didn't count on the Tigers being much about .500 though.

I have some Cardinals division shorts so I'm rooting for the Astros with you. Also have Jays under 87 and Yankees under 98.5 so I need the Yanks to go exactly 2-1 in that series, although given the pitching matchups I suppose 2-1 is the most likely result.

Homer 09-29-2006 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well this is it, we've come down to the final regular season weekend! Personally, I've got a lot riding on Detroit to hold on and on the Astros to finish this miracle comeback, and a little on the dodgers. Anyone else in the same boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar boat here. I've got $100 on Tigers to win AL at 11-1 and $200 on Dodgers to win NL at 18-1. I wish I had put more on these, but I hate tying up money. I really need to get out of that mentality, especially when some of these bets can have over 50% ROI.

Utah 09-29-2006 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took some Twins division futures before the season--I thought Minnesota was prety undedrated and the Indians and White Sox overrated. I certainly didn't count on the Tigers being much about .500 though.

I have some Cardinals division shorts so I'm rooting for the Astros with you. Also have Jays under 87 and Yankees under 98.5 so I need the Yanks to go exactly 2-1 in that series, although given the pitching matchups I suppose 2-1 is the most likely result.

[/ QUOTE ]Go Twins! I was at the game last night when Mauer hit the homerun in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. It was awesome. Twins are a dangerous team and I like them to win the AL. Of course, I am a bit biased [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

chalk7 09-29-2006 01:51 PM

tigers to win the central $1000 at 30-1 (what a nightmare this last month has been). ryan howard to win the hr title $250 at 40-1 (looks wrapped up with batting avg as the tie breaker). yankees under 97.5 for $1000 (doesn't look out of reach, but not real good).

of course in on the webb/carpenter saga and pujols for mvp.

go tigers, go white sox!

Utah 09-29-2006 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tigers to win the central $1000 at 30-1 (what a nightmare this last month has been). ryan howard to win the hr title $250 at 40-1 (looks wrapped up with batting avg as the tie breaker). yankees under 97.5 for $1000 (doesn't look out of reach, but not real good).

of course in on the webb/carpenter saga and pujols for mvp.

go tigers, go white sox!

[/ QUOTE ]Tigers will still win the central. They only have to beat the lowly royals for 3 games. The Mauer homerun must have been really painful for you yesterday if you were watching the game. Twins/Sox should be a great series. Even though the Sox are out of it the 2 teams hate each other and the Sox would love to beat down on the Twins. I believe the tickets sales for the 3 games is extremely high.

AllinDan 09-29-2006 02:18 PM

chalk - nice dude, did you hedge tigers at all?

I have $200 at 30-1 but hedged off a bit of it as the multiple thousands is pretty substantial to my current roll. Still ~2k better if they win though. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] tiebreakers. Also Astros have the tiebreaker over the Cards, have them at 12-1. Unfortunately Pinny took down the ryan howard prop right before I found out about it.

CWS under 91 looks good, guaranteed at least a tie; all my other over/unders have been decided already - ship A's, Royals, D-backs, Giants $ this way plz. Angels u87 isn't happening unfortunately,