Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   balls of fury (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541004)

kurosh 11-08-2007 01:23 AM

balls of fury

wow, [censored] terrible. if i had to rate it on a scale of 1-10, it would get a 2 just because there aren't glaring editing problems. you'd think the guys from reno 911 - an amazing show - could come up with something better. the closest comparison is idiocracy. it's not even so bad that it's funny. it's just stupid stupid stupid. you keep waiting and waiting for something funny to happen, then you realize you're almost done with the movie and no good jokes are ever going to come, but it's too late now. it's already at the [censored] end and you might as well finish now that there's only 15 minutes of predictable monkey vomit left so you know the ending

g-bebe 11-08-2007 01:57 AM

Re: balls of fury

did you actually expect something better?

this movie had all the symptoms of every [censored] ass will ferrell movie. it even had christopher walken as a little bonus of stupidity

how was will ferrell not in this movie?

Golden_Rhino 11-08-2007 01:58 AM

I knew it was gonna be bad, but it turned out to be hall of fame bad. I didn't even chuckle.

diddyeinstein 11-08-2007 02:28 AM

I just thought it would be so easy to knock an absurd comedy about ping-pong out of the park. I hoped it would be hilarious, I was disappointed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

edfurlong 11-08-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it even had christopher walken as a little bonus of stupidity

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

dukemagic 11-08-2007 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did you actually expect something better?

this movie had all the symptoms of every [censored] ass will ferrell movie. it even had christopher walken as a little bonus of stupidity

how was will ferrell not in this movie?

[/ QUOTE ]
uhh wtf? most will ferrel movies are hilarious (or at least pretty funny) and christopher walken instantly makes any movie better (except for balls of fury, apparently). <3 christopher walken

mephisto 11-08-2007 04:06 AM

Love table tennis, love the game, HATE the movie. Such high expectation for this title, I chuckled a couple of times and had a few forced laughs but that's about it. The romantic interest is really hot, nice to see she got work but what a beat to have it in such a terrible movie. I give this movie a 3/10. I'm assuming you watched this on dvd, at least you didn't have to sit through it in the theatre.

Mother Mucker 11-08-2007 08:57 PM

Loved it.

SpaceAce 11-08-2007 10:10 PM

Man, you guys are harsh. There were plenty of laughs in this movie. Take it for what it is: a crappy movie with some good slapstick gags.

SpaceAce