Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Half price! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240013)

haakee 10-19-2006 04:52 AM

Half price!

Bay 101 100-200, 10 handed. Button is the reason we're all there, but there are some other exploitable spots in the game as well. Anyway, hijack open-raises. Hijack is a good player who has logged a lot of time with me. We both read each other pretty well. Button cold-calls. This means he probably doesn't have complete garbage. He is very loose and prone to giving too much action when drawing thin to dead. I call in the BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. HJ raiser should be somewhat neutralized by the button and the button will pay me off big if I hit something.

Flop: T85 rainbow. I check, HJ bets, button calls, I raise, HJ 3-bets, button calls. I think for a bit and cap. Both call.

Turn: T(T85), putting two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s on the board. What do you think of bet-folding vs. check-see-what-happens vs. other? HJ likely puts me on a big made hand with an outside possibility of a straight draw -- he can make laydowns but given the possibility of a straight draw he might be a bit suspicious here. Button seems to be only a first-level thinker and probably does not have a ten or we would have heard more from him on the flop. He could have a gutshot or 66 or some other equally ugly holding. I don't think he'd make a big move on the turn in a 3-way pot after all this action.

Bartholow 10-19-2006 09:55 AM

Re: Half price!

Sounds like a bet to me, you are probably ahead of button and HJ could fold here it sounds like.

mike l. 10-19-2006 01:47 PM

you must bet-fold this turn. the problem is when hj calls and the river bricks off...

DpR 10-19-2006 02:38 PM

Yeah, I think this is 100% a bet on the turn. I think you can fold to a raise since its gotta be pretty tough to rasie here w/o a T (even A,10 should have to think about not raising since if I recall correctly you probably wouldn't cap J10 on this flop).

And as Mike said, it hurts when HJ calls turn bet casue river is tough. I think it is a check call if the river blanks. (maybe check fold if you have read on the HJ that he won't spazz off a bet without it).

mike l. 10-19-2006 02:55 PM

it's a definite check-fold on the river esp. if hj seems pained in calling the turn.

andyfox 10-19-2006 05:35 PM

Esp. too if he then shakes his head in disgust while betting the river.

I'm in agreement with betting the turn.

DcifrThs 10-19-2006 05:38 PM

how often do you think HJ would check if you checked this turn to him?

Barron

haakee 10-19-2006 06:38 PM

Barron,

HJ checking behind is unlikely. He doesn't want to give a free card with any pocket pair below AA, or the unlikely, but not impossible holdings of A8 or K8s.

Diplomat 10-19-2006 07:56 PM

Hmm, CR the turn is hot.

-Diplomat

Chris Daddy Cool 10-19-2006 08:02 PM

bet the turn and that is the last money you put into the pot if the hijack calls.