Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555119)

Carlosm 11-26-2007 11:50 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

How did jamie gold do in this episode? did he win anything?

EWS87 11-26-2007 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He had 500k, half of the pot wasn't his.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He won 750k of the 1mill in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you said both of these things so im a little confused...my only question now is after the hand was over...how much did pa have in front of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant half of the money in the 1mill pot wasn't his (before the results came in), because it looked like you though since it was a 1 mill pot that PA bought in for 1 mill. Apologies if you didn't mean that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i meant he took in 750K from that pot but it looked i meant he won 750...he won ~375K but at the end of the hand had 750K+x x=what he had left covering sammy (if he had sammy covered)

is 750K+x>1 mil???

Carlosm 11-26-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did jamie gold do in this episode? did he win anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone plz let me know. I hope that he didn't doubleup through someone.

spivey 11-27-2007 12:08 AM

Jamie Gold played like [censored], lost money, and ran like god in allin pots. So, pretty much the same as every show so far.

Dynasty 11-27-2007 12:12 AM

If it weren't for running it multiple times, Gold might be a big winner in this game.

menacing_1 11-27-2007 12:13 AM

There was $998,800 in the pot between Farha and Antonius, meaning that when they ran it 4 times, each time was worth $249,700. Patrik won the first one, and Sammy the second, so they were even at that point. Patrik won the next two, so he won $499,400.

Carlosm 11-27-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold played like [censored], lost money, and ran like god in allin pots. So, pretty much the same as every show so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he kinda doubledup through someone?

spivey 11-27-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was $998,800 in the pot between Farha and Antonius, meaning that when they ran it 4 times, each time was worth $249,700. Patrik won the first one, and Sammy the second, so they were even at that point. Patrik won the next two, so he won $499,400.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He won $250k. He put $500k in the pot. He left the hand with $750k.

jjshabado 11-27-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goo?

You mean he won 249,700 * 3 = 749,100 (and he put approximately 499,000 into the pot, so has about 250,000 profit)

Hollywade 11-27-2007 12:30 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over)

Sammy was cracking me up tonight.

"Top pair? Haha. Bring us one more Patrik."

"I got aces Doyle. What do you know?"

justaPlayer 11-27-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could really go for a Dissarono about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, brother, somebody caught it. Genius-level post. for real

Hollywade 11-27-2007 12:42 AM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over)

In the first few episodes, I really didn't have a strong opinion about Guy's play. Not terrible. Not great. However, after tonight, I have lost all respect for his game.

The A5 vs. Doyle's A10 was terrible. Considering how much money was involved, I consider it the worst play I've seen on High Stakes Poker. I can't believe he raised the turn. Doyle hadn't stepped out of line at all prior to that. I don't recall seeing him make any moves or big plays.

When Doyle bet $110k, which was roughly 1/3 of his stack, Guy should have known Doyle had a hand he really liked.

Huge spew.

CrazyEyez 11-27-2007 12:43 AM

Can someone recap that doyle/guy hand, including barry's action?

menacing_1 11-27-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He won $250k. He put $500k in the pot. He left the hand with $750k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I worded that wrong. Patrik won $249,700 of Sammy's money.

Micro Donk 11-27-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the first few episodes, I really didn't have a strong opinion about Guy's play. Not terrible. Not great. However, after tonight, I have lost all respect for his game.

The A5 vs. Doyle's A10 was terrible. Considering how much money was involved, I consider it the worst play I've seen on High Stakes Poker. I can't believe he raised the turn. Doyle hadn't stepped out of line at all prior to that. I don't recall seeing him make any moves or big plays.

When Doyle bet $110k, which was roughly 1/3 of his stack, Guy should have known Doyle had a hand he really liked.

Huge spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

since guy comes off as a world-class player in the first place

lol i seriously dont see what people get out of criticizing guys play when he knows hes the table fish and plays for fun?

jjshabado 11-27-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Huge spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i seriously dont see what people get out of criticizing guys play when he knows hes the table fish and plays for fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I don't really get it either. Plus it sounds like he was good enough to make a 4th place finish in the WPT championship event.

devilbiss 11-27-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone recap that doyle/guy hand, including barry's action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry folded preflop after Doyle raised 10k to 11.2k. I think there were 4 callers and pot was ~57k. Flop is AJ4 Doyle led out 40k and Guy called. Turn was 2d I think giving Doyle the nut flush draw and Guy a gutter. Guy checked turn and Doyle bet 110k and Guy checkriased to 310k . Doyle moved in for 30.5k more and I think final pot was 808 or 818k.

Hollywade 11-27-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said he was world class.
[ QUOTE ]
In the first few episodes, I really didn't have a strong opinion about Guy's play. Not terrible. Not great.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i seriously dont see what people get out of criticizing guys play when he knows hes the table fish

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Jamie and Guy are the fish. Therefore, we should not comment on their play or criticize what they do. Huh?

I never said he was a great player or that I expected better from him. I provided my own personal analysis of the way he played a poker hand, which is pretty much what goes on in a poker forum.

Micro Donk 11-27-2007 01:42 AM

but the basis of your whole post is "it was terrible" when its pretty apparent to almost anyone that it was played terribly...

Dima2000123 11-27-2007 01:45 AM

I bet Jamie Gold wishes he went bust a couple of episodes earlier. Those last two episodes are just brutal, he tosses one bundle after another drawing thin to dead, and looks like a typical sucker being torn apart by sharks. On the other hand, Jamie is the kind of guy who'll watch this episode and still think that the sharks were actually complimenting his play, so maybe I shouldn't make that bet.

Hollywade 11-27-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry is so good at keeping the live ones happy.

He is a true live pro, emphasizing that Jamie lost the minimum, even though Jamie misplayed his hand. Also, going on about a hand where Guy played well but had bad luck in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the show, I looked up the live updates from this year's WPT Championship final table to see what Barry was talking about. Barry was describing how someone made a terrible play against Guy and ended up busting him.

I was surprised to see the opponent was Kirk Morrison, the guy ESPN fawned over throughout the main event.

Here the hand, from Cardplayer.com:

Guy Laliberte Eliminated 4th ($696,220)
72. Guy Laliberte raises to $1,000,000 from under the gun and Kirk Morrison calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Morrison checks. Laliberte bets $2,000,000 and Morrison moves all in. Laliberte makes the call for his last $5,440,000 and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Morrison turns over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving Laliberte more outs. The river comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Morrison's pair of deuces hold up, eliminating Laliberte from the tournament.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty interesting hand. I've never heard Barry openly criticize someone's play like that. I wonder what Kirk will think when he sees that broadcast...probably "Oh well, I won $2 million in that tournament, who cares what Barry thinks of me?"

By the way, Guy only has 19 outs there by my count, instead of 25 as he claimed on HSP.

TonyLA 11-27-2007 02:05 AM

Farha had some great one liner's tonight... had me laughing at several points. PA's facial expression after Farha insta-called his all-in was priceless.

- T

ThomasSly 11-27-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He is a true live pro, emphasizing that Jamie lost the minimum, even though Jamie misplayed his hand. Also, going on about a hand where Guy played well but had bad luck in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the show, I looked up the live updates from this year's WPT Championship final table to see what Barry was talking about. Barry was describing how someone made a terrible play against Guy and ended up busting him.

I was surprised to see the opponent was Kirk Morrison, the guy ESPN fawned over throughout the main event.

72. Guy Laliberte raises to $1,000,000 from under the gun and Kirk Morrison calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Morrison checks. Laliberte bets $2,000,000 and Morrison moves all in. Laliberte makes the call for his last $5,440,000 and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Morrison turns over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving Laliberte more outs. The river comes the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and Morrison's pair of deuces hold up, eliminating Laliberte from the tournament.

Anyway, I thought that was a pretty interesting hand. I've never heard Barry openly criticize someone's play like that. I wonder what Kirk will think when he sees that broadcast...probably "Oh well, I won $2 million in that tournament, who cares what Barry thinks of me?"

By the way, Guy only has 19 outs there by my count, instead of 25 as he claimed on HSP.

[/ QUOTE ]

19 outs? 8 clubs + any AJ (6 more) + any 3Q (6 more) doesn't that add up to 20? lol

Of course i don't know if they're dead or live outs (because we don't see the 2 other hands that were folded or the burn card but anyway)

Tonight show was great, now we gotta wait 2 weeks for a new one, that's torture lol (because of last week leak of ep 15)

For one rare time in my life i did enjoy the business deal Antonius and Farha made, either one of them wanted to tell their hand was pretty funny.

Guy laliberte didn't play as bad as i think he would of, only mistake he did was that A5 hand (yes it was a big mistake) but if doyle don't have the flush draw with is big Ace he probably wouldn't call there.

But afterall were talking about someone who makes 850,000$ a week out of interest in his bank account alone with another 60 million a week generating by le cirque du soleil all over the world, so i guess he'll just have to donate to that foundation straight from his pocket lol.

1968 11-27-2007 02:29 AM

Doyle: "what are you guys sleeping together or something".. referring to Sammy/Gold AA/KK hand..
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Brocktoon 11-27-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
19 outs? 8 clubs + any AJ (6 more) + any 3Q (6 more) doesn't that add up to 20? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

One of those Aces wouldn't happen to the Ace of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would it...?

Sense1ess 11-27-2007 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle: "what are you guys sleeping together or something".. referring to Sammy/Gold AA/KK hand..
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle's a funny guy.

Franchise 60 11-27-2007 02:53 AM

PA bought in for 1million right?

shipitkthx 11-27-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why they made such a big deal out of Doyle's call there. With the nut flush draw, and the fact that Guy has shown himself to be kind of out of control, that was a trivially easy call getting around ~4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is where reads/experience matters. i think doyle had a dead-on read/tell on Guy to make that turn bet/call.

He wasn't getting 4:1. I think it was 2.5:1 or 3:1. In general, top-pair-medium-kicker won't be good that often against a big raise like that. Its a pretty tough call to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are u serious??? Doyle's thought process was probably something like this:

A. I'm in big pot with 1 of the 2 table fish.
B. I have top pair, good kicker, and nut flush draw.
C. I probably have best hand, if i don't i have nut flush draw.
D. I'm allin.

This is such an incredibly easy allin against guy it's not even funny.

suzzer99 11-27-2007 02:56 AM

I was all ready to soil myself if the case 2 came on that Benyamine s/f hand.

phiphika1453 11-27-2007 03:03 AM

I would have laughed my ass off if Guy would have sucked out on Doyle even for half of the pot.

Doyle would have went on MEGA TILT.

TonyLA 11-27-2007 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was all ready to soil myself if the case 2 came on that Benyamine s/f hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The board pairing would have been enough for me.

Pale_Rider 11-27-2007 03:07 AM

Not much earlier Doyle saw Guy check raise Gold with Jacks with four to a straight on the board..I'm sure that went through Doyle's mind..guy smooth calls the flop then cr turn..maybe guys on A2 and giving doyle more outs for a chop or a jack to win plus the diamonds...i woulda folded probably..but that's why i suck...great episode.

crazy hands though...sammy looked like he was still upset for checking the aces with jamie.

Rock N Raise 11-27-2007 03:08 AM

nm

pshady 11-27-2007 03:37 AM

wtf! they should show the cards after going allin. farha says its badluck but if he hasn't noticed he hasn't been hittin anything leaving em face down. Doyley shows right away and hits it. felt sorry for guy he definately didnt want to show the ace rags. wow

also the sickest part of this episode is when guy didn't want to donate any more money to the farha foundation, so sick,,, he goes allin vs doyle a5 but smooth calls with trip queens with a steaming sammy. what a HORRIBLE player

tme03 11-27-2007 03:42 AM

Episode is up on youtube. Are we allowed to post links?

STA654 11-27-2007 03:45 AM

Something about that next episode preview seemed familiar... almost as if I had seen it before...

genius55 11-27-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Episode is up on youtube. Are we allowed to post links?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 14??

i couldn't find it LINK plzz

Devilboy666 11-27-2007 04:06 AM

Not sure why everyone is complaining about PA / Farha running it 4 times. For almost $250k per run the stakes are still higher than in most hands in the $100k games!

Awesome show. I still can't believe that hand actually happened. PA was looking very sheepish when he admitted having only TP.

NO MORE JAMIE GOLD YAAAAYAYAY!!!!!11one

Rottersod 11-27-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, never been in a million dollar pot, I'm sure if I was ever in that position, no doubt I'd want to negotiate the hell out of it, that still don't make it good TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with the players. If the producers wanted to they could edit all that crap out of the show and give us more hands. For some reason they choose not to and we end up with 7-10 hands per show.

Rottersod 11-27-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listening to Guy describe the hand it sounded like he pushed AI with the AJ and Morrison called with just 22. Since it was the other way around I don't see how he could consider it a donkey play. 4 handed and that's an OK play. Put the pressure on the other guy.