Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   When to move up? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522869)

wiseman1016 10-14-2007 04:42 PM

When to move up?

I recently moved to full ring, and am enjoying it so far. Right now I am 12-tabling 50 NL at ~3 ptbb/100 thru 10k hands, and I have am overrolled right now for 100NL, but how many hands would you suggest putting in at 50NL before moving up? Would you start at 100 NL by only 8-tabling?

P.S. I know all about sample sizes, but I just wanted to hear some of your opinions

ncboiler 10-14-2007 04:48 PM

Re: When to move up?

Funny you ask that because I was just reading this...

When to Move Up byFimbulwinter

WCGRider 10-14-2007 05:17 PM

Depends on what your looking for. If your looking to move up in stakes, then take a shot with whatever you are comfortable with and see how it goes. If you are doing it for income, slowly add them in if you want. Either way I think only moving up when you have a given sample size of hands is a bad idea if you are trying to move up, are a winner, and are rolled.

pattay 10-14-2007 07:36 PM

i never played nl50 for more than like 5k hands, i kinda started at nl100 and 200. play where youre rolled AND where you think youre skill level is, dont think you have to play a certain amount of hands at a certain limit unless thats what gives you the confidence toplay higher. in other words, no one can answer this but you

too eazy 10-14-2007 07:41 PM

move up when you feel like you're better than everyone

pattay 10-14-2007 07:44 PM

thanks for the cliff notes eazy

Luckyspikes 10-15-2007 05:30 AM

I think no one can tell you.

I have a 2k + bankroll, and i still play NL25 4+ BB / 100. I still have a lot to learn in NL25 beforme moving up.

With this roll and winrate, many players would play NL50. I'am not comfortable unless i have 50 buy ins and a decent winrate for 30 /40 k hands.

intel 10-15-2007 05:40 AM

AKA ur a life nit lucky spikes...

OP, most people can jump limits really quickly without playing or logging that many hands in each. There is no set amount of hands you need to log in at each limit, just try and jump the limits as quick as you can (being rolled of course) until u find the limit u get stuck at or marginally profit at.

ActionStan 10-15-2007 08:25 AM

I move up when I feel "I'm killing this game" or "These idiots don't know what the hell they're doing". Note this has no relation to any sort of "truth" or "fact", but I'm not one to let that slow me down. Plus, it's important to take on a new challenge with a positive attitude. This seems to work out pretty well for me as I do exercise pretty good bankroll discipline and have not been shy about moving back down when it turned out that those idiots did know what the hell they were doing. Don't be afraid to take a shot. It's probably unwise to take a shot with your last $100.