Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won't Respond To Me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518032)

DamitBob 10-08-2007 05:36 PM

Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

I don't believe this for 1 second. And here is why. You never once said you were having second thoughts or lawyers were advising against it. You said that you were gathering money. I called [censored] when you couldnt even get 10% rounded up a week late.

Our handshake was for a specific price and a done deal (with you, your partner and I all present).We even agreed on the full payment date (giving you plenty of time to get it together you said).

Why plead "broke" to me 7 days past the payment date if it was lawyers and UIGEA that killed the deal?
Bad credit and no cashish killed it. Str8 up.

Diomed 10-08-2007 05:39 PM

PM sent. It's 4:37 here now by tonight I hope you mean before 2am central time here and sooner. GG. Sorry it had to come to this. Got some answers though so it was worth it.

kyleb 10-08-2007 05:43 PM

As I said, I have no doubt that is what you think.

I've said my piece and I won't respond to further public questions. I feel no need to 'defend' myself any further.

supernick24 10-08-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, whatever. You guys can choose to believe who you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

the use of this line just about proves youre lying imo

ebepse 10-08-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But, whatever. You guys can choose to believe who you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

the use of this line just about proves youre lying imo

[/ QUOTE ]

killsadie 10-08-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've said my piece and I won't respond to further public questions. I feel no need to 'defend' myself any further.

[/ QUOTE ]

sooo youre basically agreeing to this

[ QUOTE ]
Why plead "broke" to me 7 days past the payment date if it was lawyers and UIGEA that killed the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

DamitBob 10-08-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine. I just wanted other 2+2ers to know how you do business. I didnt expect you to say "I made a promise I couldnt keep", or "i'm a bad credit mofo". Which both are accurate statements.

Enough about old biz;

Lets go str8 to the prop bet. Credit scores. I give you 50 points and 2-1. Are we on for 5 hundo?

cowpig 10-08-2007 06:20 PM

I don't think KyleB should be a mod any more.

Sorry, Kyle [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ebepse 10-08-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DMoogle 10-08-2007 06:26 PM

Is it weird that I always thought of his name being pronounced "Ky-leb" not "Kyle-B". Maybe it's because it's not capitalized.

Dids 10-08-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let it be noted that this has more to do with you being a BBV4L infant who doesn't like kyle as a mod than any great sense of ethics.

Dammitbob,

That credit score [censored] is cheap and petty. You seem like a piece of crap.

Gonso 10-08-2007 06:28 PM

Sounds pretty scummy though Dids

ebepse 10-08-2007 06:28 PM

sorry ill try to be a better poster by emulating a mod

ok who should i scam first?

cowpig 10-08-2007 06:29 PM

dids,

I've never even remotely disliked Kyle, and still don't

I think that mods should have spotlessly trustworthy records

Gonso 10-08-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dids,

I've never even remotely disliked Kyle, and still don't

I think that mods should have spotlessly trustworthy records

[/ QUOTE ]

or at least not be known for this type of thing, it's not as if he's really denying anything. But whatever, it's not as if he's running a charity drive

Just give the kid his $200 and stop giving him a hard time, since when should someone have to hassle you to pay what you owe. Jeez

Dids 10-08-2007 06:34 PM

OK hypothetical:

Somebody has an informal agreement to buy something.

Unexpectedly, the market for said product instantly dries up and investors bail.

Guy backs out of agreement because he'd rather not busto himself for a bag of magic seeds.

You really call that a scam?

It's a pretty stupid person who would let their own sense of honor make them buy a worthless product. How many of you hold yourself to the same standards?

ebepse 10-08-2007 06:36 PM

exaggeration ldo bc of what u mentioned earlier. its a vicious cycle

rothko 10-08-2007 06:39 PM

dids, the point was that they had a legal and binding contract. unfortunately, it was only verbal. they had a deal and it was backed out of. if a person X agrees to buy A from Y and the market for A dries up, X takes a bath not Y.

BBKPoker 10-08-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe this for 1 second. And here is why. You never once said you were having second thoughts or lawyers were advising against it. You said that you were gathering money. I called [censored] when you couldnt even get 10% rounded up a week late.

Our handshake was for a specific price and a done deal (with you, your partner and I all present).We even agreed on the full payment date (giving you plenty of time to get it together you said).

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked with Kyle pretty extensively for over a year, and not that he really needs me to defend him, but he's certainly a standup guy.

Telling someone you are having significant concerns re: the legality of their business is a good way to make them panic and sell to someone else, so I can understand why you got positive comments from him until he was 100% sure he was not going to buy it.

Maybe you got misled a bit, but I doubt that if the deal was good enough to Kyle, that cash was the deciding factor.

[Phill] 10-08-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let it be noted that this has more to do with you being a BBV4L infant who doesn't like kyle as a mod than any great sense of ethics.

Dammitbob,

That credit score [censored] is cheap and petty. You seem like a piece of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no opinion of Kyle as a mod. As a poster premod he always came off as a bit of a dick but i never had any real beef with him (note citanul comes of as a dick but i like him).

-----

As for the other bit, personally i think Kyle making a verbal contract signed by a handshake and then backing out makes him a piece of crap.

His reasons are irrelivent, he should have researched stuff like legality and whether he can find investors before agreeing to the deal and then stringing on the seller.

supernick24 10-08-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just give the kid his $200 and stop giving him a hard time, since when should someone have to hassle you to pay what you owe. Jeez

[/ QUOTE ]

/thread

EvanJC 10-08-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK hypothetical:

Unexpectedly, the market for said product instantly dries up and investors bail.

Guy backs out of agreement because he'd rather not busto himself for a bag of magic seeds.

It's a pretty stupid person who would let their own sense of honor make them buy a worthless product. How many of you hold yourself to the same standards?

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody lying in this thread hur hur hur

ImsaKidd 10-08-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called [censored] when you couldnt even get 10% rounded up a week late.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW the not paying 10% is pretty consistent with kyle's story.

Whether you guys agreed to a hypothetical buy or a real buy is a different story. If he had only paid you 10% a week late, thats obv intention to buy.

Maybe just miscommunication, I feel like kyle is pretty busy and maybe some things get overlooked, although the timeframe OP said is ridiculous.

I do know kyle had a huge fiasco with FTP because they explicitly said he could do a bunch of transfers, then locked his account because of it.

AJackson 10-08-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have told this guy that i will obviously pay him. i have a few prop bets that will go out.

bothering me on AIM while drunk and being a moron isn't going to help the process any. let me load up stars like i said. christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You let a prop bet go unpaid for a week and then call the other guy a moron. THis is way out of line.

DamitBob 10-08-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK hypothetical:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty clear this was post Uigea not pre?

This deal was consumated after UIGEA and my sites were offered at a large discount and up for sale only because of the changing climate for affiliate sites. Kyle and his partner saw a good deal and after going over all of my numbers (back end stats, P and L's, etc.) made an offer to purchase, face to face. I wouldn't drop my price, they said "we want it, will you come here for 1 week and help us (basically consult as part of price) get rollin. I offered my consulting for 1 week and we all shoke hands. Thats a deal.

Heres my problem with this deal. Don't promise 40K in 30 days (I think this is correct but not positive on exact days) then 37 days later not have 10% of it. I said, you really can't come with 4K? When you said 30 days for 40K was no problem?

Why not just say "my lawyers say no". That would have been fine and I would have said shame on me for believing their word. And why wait till past the deadline to say something?

We had 6 or 8 emails going back and forth about $$$$$$. And why they didnt have any. No mention of anything except wanting my sites and trying to gather cash.

No Money. Period.

goofyballer 10-08-2007 07:15 PM

POST EMAILS

DRAMABOMB EXPLODE

mntbikr15 10-08-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POST EMAILS

DRAMABOMB EXPLODE

REMOVE KYLEB'S MODSHIP

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

mntbikr15 10-08-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have told this guy that i will obviously pay him. i have a few prop bets that will go out.

bothering me on AIM while drunk and being a moron isn't going to help the process any. let me load up stars like i said. christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You let a prop bet go unpaid for a week and then call the other guy a moron. THis is way out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

qfmft

augie_ 10-08-2007 07:29 PM

so who is this kyleb guy, anyway?

ImsaKidd 10-08-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so who is this kyleb guy, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

HE WILL FITE YOU

BowToYourSensei 10-08-2007 07:31 PM

Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me *DELETED*

DELETED FOR PERSONAL IGNORANCE. COWPIG WINS

cowpig 10-08-2007 07:41 PM

bowtoyoursensei,

wtf are you talking about. If I verbally agree to something and shake hands you can be damn sure I will hold up my end of whatever I agreed to. Same should apply to anyone.

Madman Madman 10-08-2007 07:41 PM

Whats the difference between kyleb and grimstarr?

<font color="white">wtf are you highlighting me for? </font>

cowpig 10-08-2007 07:42 PM

and in the poker world, there are verbal agreements without paperwork for obscene amounts of money all the time where people just trust each others' word

BowToYourSensei 10-08-2007 07:45 PM

Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me *DELETED*

Post deleted by BowToYourSensei

cowpig 10-08-2007 07:47 PM

1) I'm not flaming anyone

2) Your argument is ridiculous. Kyleb should be 100% trustworthy if he is a mod. Your argument is that the guy was naive to trust him...

mntbikr15 10-08-2007 07:50 PM

While a handshake may or may not be legally binding(I think in some instances it IS in fact binding)

If you have a verbal agreement and shake on it backing out should def take away any merit your "word" has. No matter what your reasons for doing it.

No one with this sort of track record should be trusted with the task of modding a forum.

BowToYourSensei 10-08-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I'm not flaming anyone

2) Your argument is ridiculous. Kyleb should be 100% trustworthy if he is a mod. Your argument is that the guy was naive to trust him...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. i'm not saying you were flaming him

2. i thought this deal was done before he was a mod. my apologies.

admittedly i'm sorta biased cuz i like the guy, but ya, i assumed this was done before his modship. and i guess you could argue that it really wouldn't matter, that this should hold up anyway, i dunno, i just felt like more should have been done than just relying on a handshake.

anyway, i concede.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 10-08-2007 07:52 PM

BTYS karate chopped by reason?

BowToYourSensei 10-08-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTYS karate chopped by reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much